Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the age of the typical Buell owner?

Looks like I'm the old guy at 52 this is my 14 or 15 bike, not in a midlife just didn't know how good a sport bike handled until I tryed one,where have you been I kept telling myself.everyone who sees my bike thinks its to small for a 200# boy but I love it.I stopped at a country store for coffee and gas and someone was looking for me to ask ? about the bike they said they looked all over for some 20ish biker and could not believe grampa was on a buell,I fly fast planes also, you are only as old as you feel right? :)

I'm 36, just about mid life--I'll save the crisis for my military retirement in 6 years. I have been riding off and on since 1988. Started out on a Honda CM125-SLOOOW. I hated it so I moved on to a KZ650 for a while. I finished up with a mid 80s 750 I think it was a GPZ 750 then off with the Air Force. Did a decade and some change overseas and have returned to find my little 03 XB9s.

Got my XB12R '06 2 weeks before I turned 40. Got me a Sportster last summer with my wifes blessing. I have 2700 miles on my Firebolt since the end of March (I don't commute, it's all joyriding and I have seven kids and I work 60 hours a week so most of my riding is between 10 PM and 1 AM) so my total 'in the wind' mileage is over 45K now. I took a break from riding for over a decade before I got my Sportster last summer and the springtime bug got me and I demo'd a firebolt, bought it that week. My forum name says it all I guess. I know I'll buy a cruiser again eventually but boy do I like my XB now. I just hope my money situation will allow me to keep my Firebolt when I get my Bagger. Lovin my Buell.

I know I'll buy a cruiser again eventually but boy do I like my XB now. I just hope my money situation will allow me to keep my Firebolt when I get my Bagger.
    Talk like that should be banned from these forums :D:D:D Just kiddin midlife, hope to see you around for a long time

Got my first bike, a Harley, three years ago when I was 23. Which I love for riding me and the wifey. A year later my brother-in-law said he was going to look at sport bikes which got my itch going.....a week later I bought my XBSs. I thought it was a lot more comfortable than the "Jap" bikes....OOO yeah I think the power was kinda cool toooooo.

I love my Harley but I Love my Buell that much more!!

Buellers don't retire to cruisers. They graduate to Ulys!

I bought my XB @ 34. I'm 38 now.
    I ride with a group of about 30 other Buellers.
    We range in age from 19-64,
    but the overwhelming age group is in their 30's.
    In fact, I'd have to say that'd be true of almost all Bueller's I've met.
    30's and then 40's, and then 20's...

I started off on an '81KZ750E.
    The traditional standard of the late 70's, early 80's.
    When I went lookin' for a new bike,
    I wanted to keep that standard feel I liked so much.
    That's why I opted for the XBS and no the R.
    I've never regretted that decision.

Not wantin' a Uly yet.
    But all the older guys I know keep tellin' me it'll happen!

Robtk!42 a.k.a. "Specialk!"

"Calling upon my years of experience, I froze at the controls."
    --Stirling MossBuelly

I'm 25...this is the second bike...before this I had an 04' Suzuki GSXR 600...the Buell is way cooler for all around fun to ride!

im 32.. look 23 and act like a 2 or 3 year old. or so ive been told.

Got my first Buell at 26 after only owning dirt bikes and cruisers. Now turning 32 with my 4th and 5th Buells. Both are 03 XB9Rs... one is a dedicated race bike that I run in CCS Mid-Atlantic and one is a custom with a 240mm rear tire. They are very different from one another but both cool and fun to ride.

23 with an XB12R....Probably gonna sell it and get a CBR though. My first bike was an F4I and I've always wanted a CBR. Love the Buells, HATE the service from HD...

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast