Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ever happen to you?

I ride an 09 XB12R and feel so left out. The Harley riders tell me to get a real bike. The sportbike riders snub me cause I ride a Harley. Where is the love! In my area I have only seen one Buell, a lighting, rolling around. I was working and stopped him at the gas station to ask him questions about it. Ended up going to buy my own bike. The most fun bike I have ever owned!

Most harley riders I run into know what I'm riding.Last time one got off his bike next to my 12R and yelled 'bitchin!' he loved it ,wich amazed me.
    People can't beleive there's a 1203 in my girls scg either!
    Weather people recognize these bikes or not-they always catch alot of attention.
    Lawdog-props to you for being an individual in your area-and riding a REAL bike! ;)

I was at a dealership and a guy asks, "is that GPR for stunting?" and "Why didn't you get a crotch rocket?" I simply said, "What the **** are you talking about?" then stared at him and then continued talking about the body work. Ignorance....pure ingorance.

In this case ignorance ain't bliss-it's missing out!

I haven't gotten any confusion yet, but there are 2 other Buell guys in our club, and it's a college town so the young folks tend to know their bikes a bit more. Most people have heard of them but haven't really seen one up close.

Last weekend in my hometown I dropped by an old friend's house, who happens to room with another friend of mine. When the other buddy got home after dark he said to me "when I saw it at first I wanted to know who thought it was ok to park a damn rice rocket in my driveway, but then I realized that it was a Buell! you can park that here anytime."

Lol, I need some "Here's your sign" cards for that damn "who makes it?" question. That or the right to dummy slap people. I had an idea for a bitch slap card, every one in america get's one providing they pass the "I'm not a ****ing idiot exam". It will allow you 3 bitch slaps a year, you deliver the blow, the recipient initials off for which ever slap that may of been and you go about your day.

I get the
    "What kind of bike is that, is that a Ducati?"
    all the time.
    One guy had heard of a Buell but never seen one. His comment was "I bet that was expensive, I don't ever see those around."
    All I could think was not much more than your CBR 600, but what I said was not as bad as you would think.

I love bike nights cause very few people can figure what I ride. Sure it doesnt look MUCH like an 1125R anymore but you can still tell it is. BUELL FTW!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234