Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you have bought a Buell if?

Ok, I know this is gonna piss some( sorry, ALL ) of you off but... Did you buy your Buell strictly because it's "American made" ? There's so much **** on here saying if it's not made in the states it's not a real Buell. Bull****.. you bought your bike for the same reason as I did, It's cool, it's reasonably rare, it handles like crazy. Anybody can own a Japanese sport bike and be part of the crowd, but we're different, NOT because it's AMERICAN, but because of what the bike is and what it does. I for one don't care where it's made, I just hope Buell comes back, somewhere. I do however strongly agree, Eric has to be the head of such a venture. Wayne

Yeah its real great to support American but all my electronics in my house are Sony. I just love the unique factor and sound of the bike no one has it really in the MD DC Northen VA area so I'm in rare air which is what you want on a bike any way.

I could care less about where my bike was made. I doubt many people here do, as you don't here alot of people talking about getting a Harley as their next bike. And, since there arent any other american companies I can think of, it must not be that important.

it was a plus, but no. i liked the ugly look, and the sound (allready had D&D)

I was attracted to buell because its American made and has a harley engine. I like harleys and think its amazing to have the harley engine in a great handling bike. If it had a jap engine it wouldnt be a buell.

I like the style and handling of my bike...

Uniqueness is one of those weird enigmas.. because having a unique bike is exactly the opposite from what Buell as a company NEEDS to succeed. They have to grow their sales to meet certain production capabilities to be a profitable company. I like that my bike is unique.. but I would rather have Buell back in business than have a one of a kind.

Personally, I think if Eric can get Harley to release his patents to him, he could take the 1125's, convert to using Metric fasteners and sell them through the dealerships that already sell the Japanese bikes. Or Maybe work some sort of agreement with Duc dealers... (either way they'd have to be Metric because the dealerships won't sell what they can't service and they all have Metric tools).

He would have to come up with some way of taking the 1125 engine and making a bike that still looks more like the 'Bolt though.... cause the fairings on the 1125R are just huge!

If I could get a metric fastened bike that looked like my 'Bolt, and had the Rotax engine... it'd be perfect. I like my Harley engine... but I do live in Hot as Hell, Texas.

As for where it's made... I am not militant about it.. but I would like to see at least some part of the final assembly still happen Stateside.

I agree mostly. I don't even consider the fact that its american made to be a plus one... I don't disapprove of the fact that its an american bike, but to be honest, i could to without the "USA" and other american pride comments at stoplights. Why should I care where its made relative to the country i happened to be living in at the moment. I love the bike bc its the best thing i have ever been on. That's it.

i did buy for other reasons mainly the name XB9S is more appealing than 900CBR-R lol $1800 a yr vs less than 600 a yr. I really love the harley engine and sound and am proud that its made in the USA i would rather buy european than jap though

I went for different, but it was a HUGE plus that Buell is american made. I try to buy american as much as possible, but sometimes it does not make sense. Quick, name a TV manufacturer that is american owned/made... I can not think of one.

i bought the bike, not the country :D

saw it, sat on it, rode it, loved it, bought it...no rocket sience ;)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast