Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Handle Bars

njsxb9,

From the Driven Racing webpage, it looks like the 7/8" CR Low bars are 800mm wide (~31.5"), with a rise of 70mm. Are those the correct dimensions? Above, LeFox recommended a rise of 60mm or less. Compared to that, these CR Low bars don't seem so 'low'. What is the rise of the stock Lightning bars? The Rizoma bars are narrower at 720mm, and their rise is listed as 60/80mm (I don't know if that means I can choose...). Can either you or LeFox, or anyone else knowledgeable elaborate please?

EDITED: I did look at the drag bars on HotBikeBits. They seem like a good dimension, but I don't want to order/ship from out of the US if at all possible.

The CR Low bars are lower then my stock XB9CityX Bars but are a bit wider I can tell you that. I have had both on my bike.

JWolk217,

look at LSL streetbar 00 version. That fits perfectly with all your stuff. It suits directly as it is 22mm. Just be carful drilling the holes correct. It is wide though, 81cm's.
    Or try the Crossroads Performance 0 degree version from amercan sportbike. I love it, (imo) it's the best so far and i have used original bar, LSL superbike bar and LSL streetbar 00 version and now that from Crossroads (all holes drilled).

These are some better pics of the Driven Bars

So here's one for ya.. What are the dimensions of the stock OEM Buell XB9S handlebars? I know the 7/8" and I believe the rise is 3 3/4" How about the center section length and the total length?

Crossroads Performance 0 degree bars!!!
    CRG Split Lane LS mirrors

Crossroads are only sold by American Sportbike (Al).
    Just see to it to order the correct handles. There are 0 and 7 degree version. I got both but i would recommend the 0 degree version.

Has anyone installed clip on bars? they're cheaper than crossroads, but i'm trying to imagine them on the bike pictured above... looks like you'd really be reaching low and maybe bumping into the frame when you turned...? Saw them in a parts catalog at work, made by Vortex. If anyone's got em', could you please post your 2cents about how they feel or if they're worth it? so far i like the look of the crossroad bar and it's placement. THanks!!

Hi Chris,

the Crossroads (0 degree version pictured) won't hit the tank-dummy or the frame. Even though i have a higher tank-dummy (air intake channels, one at each side) and my bike is raked to 23 degrees (Free Spirits trail kit). This also means the handlebar come a little closer to the frame/tank dummy. No problems with turning!
    Clip-ons...? I do not think you'll find any for XB/s?
    If so, i have only seen versions were you'll need to change the top triple tree also (expensive kits).. you end up with same position (cockpit) as with the Crossroads versions (0 degree and 7 degree).
    Mine are reworked afterwards, gold anodised..:p

Sinpieces,
    what kind of air tank do you have? i was just wondering, thanx

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast