Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Handle Bars

doom, you got an xbs?

get on r-fairing on that and you will take more wind than with the original s-fairing.
    why? with the xbr you're more in a sporty position, leaning more forward, thus your body & head position is lower.

with all due respect, but if the guy was blown of his bike by wind, should he have been riding at that time?
    i rode a naked in upright position with no fairing at all at round 280km/h (174mph) and didn't fall or get blown off and i'm not a big guy (74kg/163lb,lbs)
    if that guy got blown of his bike, he must have been in a hurricane or not riding in a safe manner.

you got a link to that protaper site, cause the one i found doesn't seem to offer that many.

to get rid of any missunderstandings, what do you mean with a more agressive position.
    wider bars, lower, more forward...?

LeFox,

Okay, a million MAY have been an exaggeration (SP?). There were three types, but when I clicked on one it had so many sizes listed, or maybe I just didn't read it correctly. The guy who was killed was on a custom or Harley or something. We get gusts up to 80 miles an hour in town. I would guess that if an 80mph gust of wind hits you from the side on a bike, it would be bad. The wind is crazy here in Wyoming.

http://www.protaper.com/contents/pro...s/contour.html

DOOM

Maybe they are for different bikes?

LeFox,

I don't understand how you can get more wind being lower, with fairing, if I went with the R front end. Actually, I don't have a bike yet. I am going to get a 2008 Scg.

DOOM

Okay, a million MAY have been an exaggeration (SP?). There were three types, but when I clicked on one it had so many sizes listed, or maybe I just didn't read it correctly.
    wel, i must say that the rise on the protaper, if the conversion is correct, is pretty high.

personally, for an xbs, i wouldn't go higher than a 82mm rise
    so if you choose the contour like you pointed out from the link, the choice would be:
    - carmichael
    - rm low/pastrana mx
    - woods lo
    - cr mid
    - universal lo
    - mini lo

comfort for width depends on how agressive you want to look and how broad your shoulders are.

but now you would have to contact the dealer and see which one fits without hitting the airbox-cover in full turn.

I don't understand how you can get more wind being lower, with fairing, if I went with the R front end
    ok, you mean a complete front end, with clip-ons?
    kind of takes away the steeringfun and comfort position of the xbs model, but tastes differ...
    maybe you should take a look at the drag-bars then...they bring you a bit lower, a bit more forward and a lot more agressive.

I'd like a set of stock XBS handlebars. If you are interested in selling your old pair pm or email me here:
    unbreakableMDS@hotmail.com

I am interested in after market handlebars, but I am not sure what to get either. There just are too many options. I feel like my stock handlebars are too high, and I am looking for a more aggressive position. I like Typeone's setup very much. I don't know what size bars to get to accommodate my stock bar clamps.

This is what I was looking at, but I have no idea if they are going to be more aggressive or even fit my stock clamps and throttle and other parts attached to the handlebar. P.S. I don't favor the looks of clipon's. Can someone please help me?

Also, I want to know if there are weights in my stock handlebars that I have to transfer to the aftermarket ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JWolk217
    This is what I was looking at, but I have no idea if they are going to be more aggressive or even fit my stock clamps and throttle and other parts attached to the handlebar. P.S. I don't favor the looks of clipon's. Can someone please help me?
    rizoma's are a bit wider and a bit higher.
    not what you are looking for!

in your case, i would go for a straight bar...a more streetfighter style.
    example: click1
    look for a bar with a rise <60mm
    ;)

I fitted renthal bars on my xb12s. The lowered me about 3 inches and got rid of those chrome bars. You can also flip some renthals upside down to drop them even further like clip-ons.

Go with CR Low Bend bars. I had them on my Buell and loved them. Driven Racing makes some really nice for a reasonable price. PM me if interested

I'm having a ton of trouble searching. I thought I knew how to use the internet. I am part of Generation Y....

Anyway, can someone link to where I can price clip-ons that will fit an '03 XB9S, please? I tried the Crossroads website, but I can't find a link to Buell products and their links don't seem to exist, anyway.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast