Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Handle Bars

hey sinpieces, any idea which ones (crossroads) that I would have to order for my XB9SX? Just wondering, they look phat as hell..

(choking self for saying "phat")...:p

Has anyone ever tried just straight bars?

I basically want the lowest rise and least pullback possible. All of the discussions above seem to be splitting hairs with the exception of CR or clipons which I'm not interested in.

i think a drag bar would really crank your wrists after a short ride but thats just me. ive seen a few XBs with drag bars, just looks uncomfortable to ride.

cant remember if i posted before but... have you thought about the Azonic CR-Low bars? 7/8" to fit stock clamp, pretty low rise and barely any pullback. i have a set for sale if interested. these were my favorite until i went with a larger clamp and fat bar.

(not my bike)

thanks alot typeone..yeah I'm really liking those.. do you know how wide they are? hollatchahomey@gmail.com if you wanna send me pricing...

And you think the drag bar would crank the wrist because you would have more weight on it? This is my first bike so I really don't have much experience.. Kinda being gay about the whole thing and focusing on looks.

i trimmed them ~1" off each side to work perfectly with the stock cables. i dont remember off hand how wide they are but i can measure for you. they look exactly like the set pictured except i 'brushed' the finish.

drag bar will put odd pressure on your wrists when you ride the bike on twisty, sport riding roads. even dirt bars with little sweep can cramp your wrists. i think the sweep on the CR Low and Carmichael bends is as far as i would go if you plan to ride the bike in a sport fashion (which i hope you do!) :) OK to focus on looks, but you should still be able to hone your skills on the bike rather than hamper them.

yeah, i'll email you more detail. they're just sitting on the shelf since i no longer use a stock clamp.

Man I love the look of those bars in Sins pic, VERY NICE!

i've been looking for the crossroads bars and cant find any where, anyone gotta link.

also Sin. have you any pics with you on bike wouldnt mind seeing the stance of the rider with the bar

cheers Mark

Lunatic,

Here's the Crossroads link to their catalog. Click on the following link, then the "Pgs 18-29" link: Crossroads Performance Catalog

Hi Fido,

yes yes, you go and buy the 0 degree bars from Al and American sportbike. The - 7 degree bars are too steep in my opinion, go for 0 degree version. The 9er or the 12er doesn't matter. Same fitting. Call Al, he is nice and knows a great deal of things. Mine are the alu versions, i went on and had them gold anodised. The latest is black/ silver and very nice for your setup. The base plate is avaible in black, the handles in natural alu (silver). Get yourself the CRG split lane LS mirrors to go along. They are freaking great - you won't regret it
    Don't forget to buy the needed CRG adapters also, and see to it to get left/right mirrors so that you won't end up with two lefties (as a dude i know of did)

Try this ride and say you don't love it:D

Give me a howler if you went for it!

i've been looking for the crossroads bars and cant find any where, anyone gotta link.

also Sin. have you any pics with you on bike wouldnt mind seeing the stance of the rider with the bar

cheers Mark
    Hey, Mark.... click me:

http://www.americansportbike.com/sho...how/A9074.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast