Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley not touching Buells?

Made the decision to go back to a dualsport and picking up a new 4 wheeler as a Christmas present for my daughter. Went to trade it in at my local Polaris dealer. They contacted the local Harley shop about selling it to them since they don't want to sit on it over the winter. The Harley shop said they won't take in any Buells. What's up with that?

Harley got out of the Buell business. In the biblical sense.

No surprise there. Given that new bikes dropped in value by a whopping percentage a few weeks ago, I'd be surprised if any dealer would take a Buell in trade unless they could steal it.

My buddy traded his in for a new 1125cr. Our harley dealership was going to take my other buddy's quad trailer on trade also.

the local jap dealer picked up an 1125r about a year ago. No one around here appreciates a good bike. there price 8??? with less than 3k miles too bad he wont take the loss and sell it guess it will make a beautiful showroom orniment too bad it wont get to see the twisties

I already had another trade lined up a few hours south of me at another dealership but wanted to give my local dealer the business. Hard for them to compete with the big metro dealers on trades so I'll be heading there later this week. Going to miss the Buell but I just don't get to ride it enough.

I dont think HD ever really cared about Buell anyway, no surprise. I tried to get my local HD shop to do an oilchange on my 06 XB12R...they said "It's not a F'n Harley!" and hung up on me. What class!

I have always believed that if HD wanted to make Buell work they would have put there full weight behind them they can sell a piece of **** to so many people why couldn't they sell a buell? They didn't care !!!! Buell should of gotten away from HD a long time ago and made it on there own . HD KILLED BUELL

I'm not defending Harley's decision to stop making Buells. I love the bikes and been looking at them for years, recently bought my first one.

It probably has a lot more to due with demand issues. Buell sells very few bikes in comparison to other brands, HD, Japs, etc. I mean 100,000 bikes over first 25 years isn't that many. Obviously, Buell was not able to stand on their own when they sold 49% to Harley in 1993. When they sold a majority shareholder to Harley in 2003 (I think) probably means they needed more cash than they were able to generate on their own again. Harley may have saved Buell from an earlier demise. They may have been able to do more with Buell, but still they need to see profits as well. There just isn't a huge demand for Buell bikes (unfortunately). It all comes down to simple business sense.

Blame all the people who choose to purchase other bikes. If there were as many peopel buying Buells as GSXRs they'd be rolling in money and still open. But then the bikes wouldn't be unique.

Just my two cents, but I do hate that they're gone.

The Harley/Buell(former) dealer in Boise, Id is advertising brand new 1125r and cr's for $6995! I couldnt belive it at first, I mean that is almost half of what they were a year ago! But it's true. Bargains to be had for the Buell lover in a down economy.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast