Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone use a Bluetooth setup?

anyone use Bluetooth helmet headsets for Cell phones or for intercom? (Rider/Pillion OR Bike/Bike?) Been reading about the options out there and am very interested in the new Interphone F4 but I can't find any reviews of it.

My friends and I all use the Cardo Scala Rider Q2 system. It's pretty awesome. Cardo has a new unit coming out soon called the G4 which features stereo bluetooth (a2dp). I'll be buying it for sure.

cardo for teh win!!! that being said...

If you're looking for personal bluetooth, cardo Q2 is the best on the market in my opinion. the G4 is worth the wait if you have a desire to listen to music too. (full-duplex intercom)

If you're looking for the intercom with a friend or two, then the cardo is also the way to go. (full duplex intercom)

If you have a group of 4 or more, the chatterbox giant brick helmet attatchment would be the way to go. It's a simplex system that works on FRS or GMRS radio frequencies, (462/467 megacycles) and you can have as many people as possible trying to talk at the same time, and a permanent crook in your neck for trying to support that brick on your helmet.

tl;dr - Cardo Q2 now, Cardo g4 if you can wait.

I see a lot of ppl say that the Cardos lack sufficient volume for use at any speed over about 30MPH... that not true anymore?
    I'm also half deaf from too many years working around jet airplanes in the Navy and having too much stereo in my Camaro so I need a lot of volume...

I seem to be able to hold a conversation using the cardo on the freeway @ around 75 MPH just fine. I also use the aux input with my ipod frequently. However, since the cardo provides no additional amplification, it could use an inline powered booster. The cardo is a great value with a nice feature set that works well. I was skeptical about the cardo before buying it but it has worked well and I'm pleased with it.

With the aux input, I find that I have to set my volume at 75% because if it's any higher it's just too loud even with my open airbox and voodoo pipe.

CARDO!

Cardo Q2 w/ Aux input, love it, loud enough with my D&D, wish the radio was easier to use but it's not that big of a problem. Really long battery life and easy to remove if you lock your helmet on the bike.

Anyone use ear plugs with the setup? I ware ear plugs and was wondering if its worth getting the Cardo.

I have used earplugs before. It made talking on the phone harder, everything else was ok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast