Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do it yourself rear fender elimination.

If your riding when its wet/raining all yor worried about is your back getting wet? Im more worried about the rain drops hitting me at 60+ mph, they feel like a million BB's hitting me all at once ( kinda annoying ) Then im pissed about the time its gonna take me to go and detail my bike. I guess a little water on my backside is probably the last thing on my mind.

I guess a little water on my backside is probably the last thing on my mind.
    hehe...not all people have or want the luxury of a "bidet" :p

Has anyone out there removed there own rear fender without buying one of those expensive kits? What solution did you use for the turn signals? Where did you cut the fender @?

FYI: 06 XB12S
    In process

For an even better look purchase a TAIL TIDY off E-BAY it is worth the 14.00 dollars!

hey guys, thanks for all the info post after post. so about hacking off your tail. i recently picked up the new icon moto catalog...bout halfway through there is a pic of a girl on an xb....without the tail.

studied the pic, and sunday we got to work on it. with the right tools, and patience, its not too bad. it looks like a small pair of bull horns extending just below tail light. drilled holes under taillight to illuminate lisc plate. sealed the holes. you can leave the stock turns in place, but take them off so that they dont get jacked up. i will get pics up tomm or saturday...just give me time.

I just finished my rough draft tonight. I had to use quite a few different tools to get it done but its pretty much there. I will get some pics as soon as i find my f%%%ing cable for the camera

HERES THE FINAL PRODUCT. DID GET A LITTLE CARELESS WITH THE HACKSAW, AND BOUNCED OFF THE PAINT, SO I WILL GET IT SPRAYED, BUT MUCH BETTER THAN THE GRATER!! THANKS!

ahhh the horns
    grr lol

Hey that looks familiar!! :)

Mess with Buell get the horns!!

YUP THE HORNS!!!!!

i went as short as possible on mine, any shorter and it would have looked like a button horn buck....not so cool!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast