Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete XB12S / Scg tail conversion - Subframe, Seat, tail, footpegs, etc...

I'm going a different route with my Scg this winter, and won't be needing any of it.

I'll take $350 + shipping on the whole setup.

The tail has been modified. Some people love it, some might not. You can find pictures of it here on the forum.

Email me at timothy.pachter@gmail.com, or call/text my cell (321-271-9520)

Thanks!

-Tim

Here's a pic:

Damn, iv been wanting to to the Ss to S tail swap just will not have the money till after the new year.

No worries, I know the feeling. Hit me up after the New Year if you want. It's only a few weeks away, I might still have it.

This will include the subframe/seat rails, seat, passenger pegs, undertail, tail-light, LED license plate light/bracket, and whatever nuts, bolts, and brackets come off in the process.

How much lower is the scg seat compared to the bolt seat.

Sick tail light.

What all is done to it? Just cut down then a light strip???

Bump.

I believe the Scg seat height is 1.5" lower, maybe 2". I'm 5'5, and it fits me almost perfectly.

I know a guy who is 5'10 and rides an Scg. He says it's perfectly comfortable for him too.

-Tim

Xtremelow - I cut it all the way down, including the stock light housing. I had to weld in some aluminum sheet to fill the hole, then mounted the LED strip.

If I were to do it over again, I would have tapered it back, so there isn't that "step down" in front of the LED strip.

-Tim

Yeah I stand 5'10" and my GF's Scg is like a glove for me, sit in it with my feet flat on the ground.

Also good work on the tail, I found a race version like that at one point but couldn't understand the website since it was in German so I didn't get it. Thought of doing something similar but just never got around to it, plus I have an LED tail already so I would have to justify tossing that for the different look. He'll maybe I will keep my extra fiberglass Trojan-Horse tail and just hack up my stocker some more.

I'm actually looking for another stocker. The one in the pic I hacked up by hand, now that I've got my CNC mill, I want to program it to do tail chops automatically.

I want to do both this LED version and the standard "Cheese Grater Eliminator" version. If I get it set up, I'll be able to do the standard one pretty cheap.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast