Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HID recommendation for the CR

The CR dose use a h8 bulb stock.

this is direct from the buell site

Three-bulb headlamp with daylight running mode. 55 watt low beam (one (H7) 55 watt bulb), 110 watt high beam (one additional (H7) 55 watt bulb), 5 watt position lamp

I run 55w 8000k in my SS, love it

Both bulbs are H7. It is in the manual as well as on the Buell website.

I am in the process of installing my set of HID. Did everyone have to modify the high beam housing that the stock bulb plugs into? I am finding that I may need to do some dremel to get the HID bulb to properly lock in place.

Hey Buckethead...Is this what you are trying to do??

You sir are no longer my friend lol

polkiejoe"Don't get the 55w for $30!! The ballasts are huge! Step up to the other set and get the slim ballasts".

Well, I screwed up. I ordered and received the 55W - 5000K unit with the H8 bulb instead of the H7. I tried to install it and got hung up on what do you connect the old bulb two prong connector to. It looked like the only place to connect it would be to a rubber cowled connector DDM from the ballast (only thing left to connect to), but I couldn't get them together. I was thinking of cutting off the connectors and splicing the wires together when I stopped to take a look at this thread. Glad I did, I learned I had the wrong bulb so I disconnected everything and re-ordered the H7 bulb 55W 5000K unit. However, I couldn't find an option for the super slim ballast, in fact I thought I was getting the super thin ballast with the first order and I got a paper weight ballast instead. There are only like three motorcycle HID units on the DDM sight, one of those is for a single bulb. I really had no other choice unless I'm missing something there again. I can fit the heavy ballast but I would rather have the slim one.

Any advice on install and whats up with the ballast issue? My order came to around $47, this included the $11+ shipping and I think $7.50 upcharge for the 55W.

I'll post a link to what you need to order....

Here ya go....
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=101&parent=85

Just beware...the socket for the low beam housing is different than the high beam (not sure why??) but you will have to dremel out the retaining ring to hold the bulb inplace.

Too late on getting that unit, I already ordered the single bulb H7 replacement. Besides, I only want the low beam in HID, not both Hi and Low. So I have to live with the heavier ballast. I don't understand why they don't offer the thin ballast for the single bulb motorcycle unit. That is where smallness and weightsavings is the most important. I don't get it.

Also, what about the question I posed on where and what do you connect the stock bulb two prong (female) connector to? There is only one other possibility and its the male connector with the rubber cowling that comes from the ballast. As I said, I couldn't squezze them together so I was thinking about splicing the wires together after I cut off the plastic connectors.

I guess I could take a couple pics and post them, but actually the install seems straight forward even if the directions from DDM suck.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast