Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $8,000 to much to ask?

Set me straight here. Is $8,000 unreasonable amount to ask for a XB12R out the door? One dealer told me $10,000 and another said $8,500. I have a check for $8,000 and they wont take it. I can't (wont) go higher for a awsome (but dated and no longer built)bike.

$8000 for;

The last 2010 made bike
    Less than 50 miles on it
    Full warranties
    Riding gear
    And free oil changes for two years

Actually Buell prices are on the rise since they are becoming far and few between.

I talked with a dealer the other day who had told me he just sold an 1125 for retail price since people are all over Buells and like I said the numbers are dwindling.

A couple months ago was the right time to buy, now is still a good time but you most likely wont get close to the same deals.

xtremelow,

What you just said is the feeling I was getting that was happening. I have one more place to try and if not then it was not ment to be.

vanson1200r, I just bought my brand new 1125r at High Desert Harley in Boise Idaho for $6500.00!!! They still have bikes left. Also Big Sky Harley in Great falls Montana has new xb12r's for $7495.00!!! and they have alot of Buells to choose from. Check out their web sites.

true,there are better deals to be had-but 8k out the door is acceptable for the cutting edge in American sport bike engineiring-
    No hidden fees right?

Let's face it,everything about buells makes them worth it.

BOlt maybe your in a financial place to say that but I know I paid 4500 for my 12R and I cringed to pay that for an 05 with 19k miles on it. If Vanson says he has a price in his head then that's what he should pay especially for a bike that is discontinued. They haven't become rare or parts hard to find or people don't know how to service them yet he shouldn't be penalized. I love my bike too but there are better deals to be had.

Patience vanson Patience the early bird gets the worm but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

Vanson, you're in San Diego, and CA bikes are higher in price than any other state being how they're not transferable over state lines without 7500 miles. That price is a good price

Bottom line is; it is worth what you are willing to Pay. If you are set not to pay a Penney over 8 then that is what it is worth to you. Did you tell the dealer that you had cash? I know that over the phone it may be one price but when you walk into a dealer with cash and tell them you want to take it home, somehow they always find a way to make it work. Just a thought.

Like I said ,there are better deals...a bike with 19k miles is another game ,compared to a fresh ride from the dealer.

If you want a used bike ,of course your gonna pay less.
    But if you've actually got 8k in hand -then it's your day for a shiny firebolt.
    I'm also living in Cali & I've looked all over the state for deals from the dealers-
    I had alot of different conversations with these guys on the phone,some of them were even honest with me.
    I concluded I did not want to wait for left overs& in fact walked out the door with my second Buell for 8k-I was happy & still satisfyed with my efforts.
    The bottom line VANSON is how bad do you want it?
    Do YOU feel it's the right price-?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast