Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noise from the

I need some help... My XB9SX started to make some noise from the front, braking or normal running there was some chattering noise. I changed the brake pads as on the old onces were appr 0,8mm left... But the noise remains. I checked the front wheel bearings but could not say that there something wrong.. Again noise, sometimes more sometimes less.. What else could this be, brake disk assambling or bearing??? thx for any advice

First off describe the "noise". Any vibration? Pulsing Sound? like metal rubbing? (high pitch screetch? etc...

If you are positive that it is coming from the front wheel area than it may be bearings.

Its not pulsing, no frequency and no vibrations. But sometimes I can feel a slight hit... I took the front wheel of and both bearings move smooth...

Maybe it's your steering head bearings.

What year is your bike, what color are your bearings.

The bike is Y2007, the color is dark braun...

check ur forks, fork seals, triple trees could be a loose bolt releasing torque very slowly,,,

I think you're describing the same sound I have. I took mine in to the dealer and the Buell tech said it was the upper bushings in the fork. I would describe my sound as a clicking or a slight clunk when I hit a bump or break hard.

Forks are really easy to rebuild, just don't touch the internal canister. The parts are also pretty cheap, so if I were you I'd just get a set of seals and bushings, a single bottle of fork oil from H-D is enough for both forks (regardless what they try to say, it's almost dead on), and search google for any Showa fork rebuild, they are all almost exactly the same.

My first rebuild took me probably about 6 hours, but it gets fast after that.

Hi Guys... I did what you advised, took the fork out and went to a local bike shop. It took them 4 hours to overhaul the forks, changed the all saeling and the oil (all original Showa parts)... for appr 20 USD. And to make shure I changed the the front bearings as well for 6 USD... I guess this was a good deal but labour is so cheap over her in Bangkok.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast