Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the very best exhaust for the xb12

It is personal preference, but I have a Hawk and like it alot! Can't beat it for $175!!

You want the best???? For looks, get something in all stainless like the SS Drummer or the Latus (Gbalias) . Carbon fiber is also nice, but pricey if you want to get all matching decor on your bike. Stainless (for me) looks the best. As for horsepower? Not sure how much more you can squeeze out of the twin with just a muffler. Mapping and race filter and blah, blah blah......

When it all comes down to it, it's all in your budget.

D&D= great staccato sound, very distinct but also VERY loud. probably one of the best sounding in my opinion because it sounds a little like a cammed hot rod at idle.

granted I have an XB9 so it may sound a bit different for you due to the slight increase in air volume moving through the pipe.

the micron has massive gains for the XB9 but not so much on the 12. in the ASB shootout the D&D was "the mid-range king"
    I don't remember if the micron was the highest power gain for the 12 but I know it was for the 9.

Well, I've only heard videos/sound clips of other exhausts, but I love the sound of my race exhaust. I have no idea how it compares to the other exhausts in the performance department, though.

Just a reminder, check time stamps you guys. It doesn't hurt to make a new thread.

Good call Dave! ;)

I like my D&D (along with open airbox + K&N and breather re-route) for the sounds and for mid range power. I had it dyno tuned too.

I had a Jardine on mine for a few months. It was really cool when I got it...Ear Piercingly loud and the cheapest exhaust out there. But that got old. Built a front exit exhaust, and depending on what Erik Buell Racing develops for XB series bikes, I will probably stick with mine. There are a lot of different threads on here about building mufflers. SO, if you want, buy a muffler, throw it on for a while...then hack up your stock muffler and give it a try. Best of luck finding what's right for you!

Edit: Hawk exhausts are the cheapest things out there. I also hear that they are fantastic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12