Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some pics and mods

And finally, I like to use a tank bag to hold my stuff. And, since the underseat storage is non-existent, a tank bag is a necessity. This is a Tourmaster Cortech Super Mini strap tank bag. I have the magnetic version for my Strom which I like a lot. The strap version is $54.

The front strap goes around the headstock. The rear strap goes around the crossbar that the seat mounts to.

I can easily remove the bag when I go inside for a lunch stop, etc.

Very nice Kidder! Is the BMW parts for the Powerlet easily found? I think it looks a bit cleaner than the two pin battery tender connector I was going to use. Is there an online source for the female plug you used to hard mount and the male part that you're soldering on to your GPS wiring?

EDIT: Shoulda' Googled: http://www.powerletproducts.com/shop...-cables/PWRCBL Still can't find the female one with the door though ...

I'm guessing you like using the Powerlet parts because it has that nifty spring-loaded door to keep it clean and it's weatherproof, as you say. Does it lock when an accessory is plugged in, or is it just a tight fit?

Jeep, the Powerlet I bought has male spades. I took the female ends that came with the Powerlet kit and put it on the Buell accessory cigarette lighter harness. So, all I did was cut off the Buell cigarette lighter, strip, crimp, and solder the wires to those female ends.

As you can see in this picture, the harness that plugs into the factory accessory plug now has the female ends on the wires. It used to have the Buell cigarette lighter on the other end.

I hope that answers your question.

The Powerlet plugs that go into the socket do lock in place. It could be upside down and the accessory plug would still remain in place.

Here it is finally finished. The two pics show the GPS mounted and the routing of the power cable.

As far as obstructed view, the clock and MPH are obstructed along with the lower left corner of the tachometer. None of these are big deals to me. The GPS has a clock and MPH. The instrument cluster has the important info on the right side. I'm pleased.

Very nice work, thanks for the tips. I didn't know the Buell had a cigarette lighter connector, now I do and that makes it a snap to install the Powerlet.

Hey Kidder.. Whats the tender battery disconect do..??

It's an SAE connector that goes directly to the battery. It's for quick and easy connection to a battery tender which trickles power into the battery keeping it charged and fresh.

Kidder: do you have the part number for the additional light plate for the 2010 LED tail light? I want to get the Jardine fender eliminator and the 2010 LED (Y0401.7AC), but don't want to use light bolts on the lisence plate (just personal preference) and don't want to cut the plastic under the tail light (unless the 2010 lisence plate light requires it). I'm basically trying to combine the 2010 and 2009 bikes for the best features (LEDs all around).

Thanks for the help. Can anybody with a 2010 shed some light (haha) on how the lisence plate light works, or is it the same as the 2009 with it being integrated with the mud gaurd?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123