Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some pics and mods

I don't lead anymore, to many its an ego thing. To me its saving yourself a speeding ticket by not being the first in line.

Our ride leader has a V1. And, so do two other guys in our regular group. :) I need to get one when I'm not riding with them.

If I notice any chips, I might be glad I kept the factory piece around. Mine's been in the garage since I installed the eliminator ... Too damn cold for me! I said earlier that I installed a tender cable on mine. Technically I re-installed it since the dealer had already put it on. But their exit point was visible, and the leads were being hit by the metal piece of the rear pillion when putting it back on. Couldn't have that ...

Mike

Kidder, nice bike man. Where did you get the quick-release system?

How do you like the high bars? I am putting mine on right now. What do you think of them?

Quote Originally Posted by buketheadmjs
    Kidder, nice bike man. Where did you get the quick-release system?

How do you like the high bars? I am putting mine on right now. What do you think of them?
    The quick release came from American Sport Bike

I never had the clubman bars so I have nothing to compare it to.

Thanks!

What's model specific about that rear stand?

Baal,

It's the stand for the 09 Vmax and 09 CR/R. Translation? It's a stand for those with a wide rear end. The regular Pitbull stand will not fit, it's too narrow.

Okay, here's the rest of what I've done. This will be it for awhile.

First is the powerlet installation. I bought the Buell cigarette lighter but I had no intention to use it other than use the plug and wiring. The cigarette lighter is too big and it doesn't look like it would hold the accessory plug in place. So, I went with a tried and true BMW style powerlet plug. I will use this to power my GPS.

Here's a pic showing the back of the cigarette lighter and the powerlet.

Here's the modified plug with male spades added (crimped and soldered). It's plugged into the accessory connector. The powerlet has female ends so the male spades fit into the female plugs. I wrapped each wire with electrical tape to ensure they didn't touch each other or anything else.

Here's a pic of the hole I put in the side panel of the headlight. I use a 11/16" holesaw drill bit. I put that hole in it then used a dremel to make the hole slightly bigger so the powerlet would fit snugly but not too tight in case I wanted to take it out.

Here it is installed. It has a rubber washer that goes between the plug and the plastic. On the back side is an aluminum washer and brass nut. I snugged it tightly but not too tight so it wouldn't crack the plastic.

It is horizontally mounted but the angle of the pic makes it look like it's facing slightly down. The lid is spring loaded and weatherproof. Powerlet uses marine grade materials which is nice.

My next mod is the replacement of the stock tail/brake light (bulb) with the 2010 CR/R tail/brake light (LED). Unfortunately, I didn't take pics. However, all you have to do is cut off the plug on the 2010 light and put male .250 male spades. The wires on the '10 light match the '09 wires so it's just a matter of plugging the male spades into the existing wire harness on the bike.

I'm pleased with this because A) the light matches the turn signals and I like the brightness/quick illumination of the LEDs.

Part # is Y0401.7AC. It was around $50. If you have a fender eliminator there's a separate plate light that you can add, as well. I don't need it since I have the stock mudguard.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast