Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aftermarcket parts

I just bought a D and D exhaust for my 07 xb12r. I am also looking to get a power commander and a new air filter and just wondering what would be the best choice with the d and d and what i need to do with the bike after i get everything installed on it.

I don't believe a power commander will work on your bike. if you go to their website and look at what bikes they offer models for they do not have Buell as an option (at least they didn't as of a month ago). I don't think I would try one that was not designed specifically for the bike I was planning to use it on, they are designed specific for make, model, & year. I've done a lot with power commanders in the past & on my Harleys.

what you may want to look into is ecmspy with the cable to plug into your computer, then you can re-map. or for $60 you can try what I did since I have an 08 and my ecu is not programmable. check out the link below:

link

Just curiouse whats a power commander? Hear the japs talking all the time but WTF

From the Power Commander Web Site

The Power Commander is a fuel injection adjustment unit that plugs "inline" with the bike’s stock ECU (electronic control unit). The PC uses original equipment style connectors, so no splicing or cutting of the harness is required. Most installations take less than 15 minutes, some as little as 5 minutes.

Changes are made to the bikes fuel and, in some cases, ignition curves via the PC's onboard microprocessor. Using this technology we are able to offer a large area of adjustment without making any permanent changes to the bike’s ECU. Removing the PC returns the bike to its previous stock condition. Each unit comes complete with software and cable link that allows you to change between different maps or make adjustments to a map file.

oh jap bolt on race ECM then?

it's also what you need to make a harley run right, especially when you put a set of pipes & high volume intake on it. they run way too lean from the factory...... emissions

your right, not sure what i was talking about with the pwr commander. Now when i take this thing to get dynoed can they reprogram it for me? or will i still need to get this emcspy.

As far as harleys go we never use them. If you want a tuned bike you use a race tuner or super tuner dyno it and build a custom map.

My bike has a moded exhaust. I am still not sure the type it was done before I bought it. It sounds great! It looks great!, and it has a diff tip then any I have compaired it too. Anyway, So because the bike runs great im supposd to assume it has been dyno'ed or my chip has been remaped, or upgraded?

Never assume that. Also, if you just have to justify a remap it's a great time to look for additional go-fast parts. Air filter for one, and you should be able to look at the ECM and tell if it is factory or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast