Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: chase policies

if they think you're interesting enough... probebly they will..

i dont know the laws in north carolina. the laws for any state should be available online.

FLORIDA:
    From the FHP Pursuit Policy:
    Members may pursue, attempt to stop and apprehend as expeditiously and safely as possible, any person in a vehicle who the member reasonably believes has committed or attempted to commit a crime of violence. ALL OTHER PURSUITS ARE PROHIBITED.

i wouldnt recommend running from the police. ever.

with that being said. you most definitely CAN outrun and out maneuver the police on a buell.

no idea dude. my policy is if they chase me, i stop. plus if they are behind you, they already have your license plate. its not worth trying to outrun the cops. you put yourself as well as other people on the road at needless risk. by all means have fun. but if you see berries and cherries behind you, please pull over.

also, they have camaros and chargers as the state troopers in NC now. i wouldnt try it.

"if they think you're interesting enough... probably they will.."

I was riding with 2 others a few months ago around the Mt Scott area in Oklahoma where a park ranger pulled all 3 of us over just so we were aware of the 45 mph limit. I guess 2 Buells and a big dirt bike looked interesting enough.

ok i just found out the hard way about chase policies in north carolina. they ARE allowed to chase you. just got a ticket from a NC state trooper doin 82 in a 55. it would have been a lot worse if i tried to run. i have to appear in court for the ticket and i will lose my driving privelages on base. probably for 6 months. this blows. best policy in any case when you see flashing light behind you, stop. the cop was very friendly and understanding of the thrill i was getting, (he told me he has 3 bikes), but nevertheless, i was speeding. he gave me the ticket and told me to keep it on the track next time.

hahah u may never out run a cop but u can oout smart one i do it almost everytime i take out my buell in ny i beleive they r not allowed to chase after 100mph n the camaros n chargers n stuff wont keep up in exeleration or ne thing so if u think yer gunna get pulled over dont go in a straight line u will never beat the radios get out of site n turn off that road n keep makin turns till u r not in that town n go a diff way home or where ever u r goin if they have a chance to get yer plate number they will wait at yer door for u to get home umm thats all i got for now it is possible to avade the police be smart tho speed alone wont do it

In Texas if you're doing over 100 there's a no chase law. Unless, you're wanted for a felony or an act of violence (assault, abuse, sex crime, etc..) city patrol cars are governed at 125 but staties aren't governed at all. So, if you're doin over 100 they flash their lights at ya and you keep on rolling. basically we just cruise at 110.

Depends where in Texas you are....Here in West Texas (San Angelo), They will chase you down if your doing over 100mph..I have seen DPS and local police chase crotch rockets and throw spikes on the ground for them as well.. There is a strech of road that they will leave you alone to kill yourself on though, They just will chase ya if your on any other road..

My favorite part is where PAIRTBOW says that he can "oout smart" the police. Then he proceeds to write a paragraph without any periods or capital letters.

I am a cop in Michigan. Each jurisdiction has its own policy on pursuits. It really depends on the time of day, traffic and pedestrian conditions, weather, road conditions and department policy. I have chased bikes, (Not any Buells)and a decent rider is uncatchable at the time. Unless you have just murdered someone, and are facing life in prison, why would you not stop? Unfortunately its that same cop who will be scraping your steaming flesh pile off of the pavement and notifying your family of your untimely death. Be smart.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast