Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chase policies

no one said running from the cops was smart. I have to agree that it all depends on the safety of the people around if the cops will chase you, continue to chase you or even think about chasing you. I'm sure if they think they can catch up they'll try. we all know that cops don't follow the rules either why would a department or state law be any different. If it's a corvette cop I'm sure he's lighting up and coming after you. The cops know we can just dust 'em. remind him of that and let him know you're responsible. You might just get a warning. almost every time I've gotten pulled over for excessive speeding If I didn't just get a warning I got a reduced speed. (ex: I got clocked doing 127 in a 55, the cop changed the speed to 79 mph keeping me within 25 mph of the speed limit so I could take defensive driving) that happened because I pulled over. Most the time I get pulled over the cop just wants to know what I'm driving and talks about speed, handling and hp. They're people too and if you just amuse them they'll go easy on you.

I've always heard if you ask how much it is you can't afford it. so, if you're really wondering if it's against the law and what you can get away with; it's probably not worth it.

1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z-28
    Base Price: $25,105
    Transmission: 6-Speed Manual or Auto
    Curb Weight: 3360 lbs

Performance
    0-60 mph: 5.5 sec
    0-100 mph: 13.2 sec
    1/4 Mile: 13.9 sec @ 106 mph
    Top Speed: 160 mph

Engine
    Type: V8
    Displacement: 5670 cc
    Horsepower: 320 bhp @ 5200 rpm
    Torque: 345 lb-ft @ 4400 rpm
    Redline: 6000 rpm

Administrator
    Wow, where did you get that picture? Did the trooper survive? I use to have a '94 police package camaro B4C. It was crazy fast on the highway topping out around 155 mph. The acceleration wasn't too good from 0-60, but it was geared for high speeds. I can tell you that I could easily catch myself with that camaro vs. my 2005 Buell XB12Scg on the highway.

@ PAIRTBOW - Please try to limit using the f word as Google doesn't like it. Also, as I stated on another thread, I would appreciate it if everyone tried to use better spelling and sentence structure. It helps our forum get more traffic and it's easier for members to use the search function when things a spelled correctly.

I've got a rule about cops.
    If I'm doing a reasonable speed and they flip their lights,
    I find a safe spot and pull over.
    If I'm hauling on a back-road @ double the posted limit.
    They're gonna have to catch me.
    Buells outrun cops 'round here all the time...

Robtk! a.k.a "Specialk!"

no clue on the pic.. I just googled dps and found it.. I'm sure he died. I don't think anyone would survive that crash. It looks deadly to me.

sorry dude

Toying with cops is an idiotic crapshoot -- I don't care how capable you or your bike are, or how amenable the local conditions may be to the game. Of course you usually win, but when you lose, you lose big, along with lots of other people who absolutely don't deserve to be involved. Knock yourself out if you must, but don't take anyone else down in the process. Peace and best wishes, fellow riders! I just started riding 3 mo ago at 50. The Buell Ulysses was definitely a midlife crisis thing for me -- I admit it -- but my excuse is I commute 50 mi/day in NJ year-round, saving a bit on gas. Sure, riding is fun in itself, but the thing I'm most deeply touched by is the friendly greeting I get from passing riders. If you're the type who likes to make a game of outrunning cops, please don't wave.

haha to each his own happy riding boys and girls

Yeah,I used to like street racing,then I thought about what a 500lb.bullet would do to a minnivan with a family in it.

Hey Thruster...

Wanna play some craps?
    JK. JK!
    But damn! You talk like a 50yo!

Life favors the brave and scorns the timid!
    There's a fine like between bravery and stupidity!
    Robtk! a.k.a. "Special K"

I've got a rule about cops.
    If I'm doing a reasonable speed and they flip their lights,
    I find a safe spot and pull over.
    If I'm hauling on a back-road @ double the posted limit.
    They're gonna have to catch me.
    Buells outrun cops 'round here all the time...
    I would have to agree. But having the only White/Blue Firebolt in my area means I pull over everytime in my city. Outside my area, I follow the above quote. But for the most part I just cruise at 80-85 push it too tripple digits only in oppertune conditions. Ride safe!

Edit: On a side not Id like to add I really think the rules of the road were for the most part made up with cagers in mind not bikes so...In my humble opinion bikers should really catch a break on speed limits, corner speeds limits, lane laws, and acceleration laws.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast