Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XB to CR Headlight Conversion

Here I am showing how I did a CR headlight conversion on my XB. I bought the headlight off Ebay as a take off for $125 and I bought the last CR Flyscreen that any dealer had in the US for $80. The Flyscreen is out of stock through HD and must be ordered direct from the manufacturer and takes up to 3 months!!!

Here was my original look:

I pulled all the factory XB headlight mounting parts, gauges, and ignition switch off the bike:

I then proceeded to mark the lower CR headlight mounting holes and using a angle drill, drilled the holes for the rubber inserts to fit into:

I then fitted the headlight into the holes in order to locate the mounting position of the top 1" aluminum mounting bracket for the top:

After drilling and mounting the top bracket to the triple tree, I marked the holes to be drilled for the headlight and tapped them with a 1/4"-20 tap and secured the top of the headlight with stainless allen screws:

I had to wait for the fly screen to get here in order to make the gauge brackets. So I just got the fly screen and will be finishing it up this week or so. I am planning a keyless ignition as well unless I come up with a way to mount the switch without hacking up the headlight. I also have to install the new Deutsche connector on the XB harness to plug the headlight directly in without hacking up the wiring. It will look completely factory when done! Here it is with the flyscreen installed:

that looks great man! I really like the idea but I would want to put the pods on too myself... I know not alot of people like em but I do... either way A++ mad skillz

Looks good. I wish I new about the keyless ignition before my brother hacked into my light.

OH, and my factory XB headlight assembly is FOR SALE as well.

I really want to find a set of 1125 Pods to put on my XB. I had a set bought but the guy didn't get them taken off Ebay for me before they actually sold on there, so I lost out.

I'll find a set sooner or later.

out of curiosity how much for your lights?

I have been looking for a set for a couple weeks now and finally broke down and ordered some from HD. (on Sat.) But I still have time to cancel.

KUDOS

show us a pic of how well the light beam projects ahead of you , like on a wall for alignment and height, and road for how far it shines.

nice & clean job!

You get big props for this conversion, it looks sweet.

My complete take off XB fairing and headlight assembly is for sale and ends soon.

I know a few guys were interested on here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ht_1828wt_1167

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast