Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A prediction for Buell

So does anyone get the feeling that they are slowly re-releasing Buell with an emphasis on marketing this time? First they have the Buell featured in races and movies to get the brand out there and the hype up, then they say that they will no longer manufacture the bikes, and have Erik Buell announce this. Then they introduce Erik Buell Racing...anyone think that this is a little peak into what's to become of Buell? Just seems too odd to drop the name all together...

HD won't have anything to do with producing new bikes, but I strongly hope that with enough support and success with EBR, Erik will start production of the line again.

It's his own company with licensing to use Buell bikes/parts I thought?

I think that EBR will look at what kind of success (in terms of podiums and $$$) comes out of a couple of seasons in the AMA. Shine a bright enough light on what EBR can do and it'll surely attract come venture capital. That'll kick start the production of street bikes again. License them out to ANY dealer that'll sell them and you've got a recipe for some kind of success. If Triumph can report in a rise in market share in the US, Buell can surely cut into whatever part of the market Triumph is cutting into.

Spot on icepop, exactly what I was getting at; more eloquently said! The press release for EBR was:

"New Venture Will Build Buell 1125R-based Racing Motorcycles and Supply Parts..."

Technically it's still a "racing venture". Not parts/bike manufacturing. But I believe that this will change.

Good things to come people, just keep the hype going. Send your e-mails to EBR directly so that they know the need is out there!

Erik Buell Racing, LLC
    2799 Buell Drive, Unit C
    East Troy, WI 53120
    www.erikbuellracing.com
    info@erikbuellracing.com

Triumph may not be a good example. John Bloor brought Triumph back from the dead under his own direction with his own money. The intention all along was to be a full-line manufacturer. Having a full product line doesn't seem to be the destination for which EBR is the start. Just MHO.

Triumph may not be a good example.Â* John Bloor brought Triumph back from the dead under his own direction with his own money.Â* The intention all along was to be a full-line manufacturer.Â* Having a full product line doesn't seem to be the destination for which EBR is the start.Â* Just MHO.
    I agree, it's not EBR's destination from the start. EBR is what Erik loves the most about motorcycling, RACING. Ultimately, and we know this from just about every facet of the motorsports industry, racing is the other half of the business. Racing depends on show rooms sales and show room sales depend on racing when it comes to performance vehicles. Win on Sunday, sell on Monday. R&D for racing trickles down to the show room bikes and show room sales $$$ trickle up to racing R&D. Eventually, EBR will have to go down that road. Hopefully it'll be with someone who has a broader vision of the industry and sport than what the narrow minded twits over at HD had.

Three words, Non Compete Agreement

You won't see a new buell for 4 years.

Unless of course H-D allows this to happen. At this time they are assisting Erik with the EBR, so why not allow the sale of bikes and parts?

Besides if you have a good enough lawyer, the non-compete is garbage. Take for example Google hired away a top Microsoft executive, Kai-Fu Lee.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast