Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Magpulronin (must see...)

I dont mind it other then then front end. I agree with Dave about the rad being up front.
    I'd like to see someone do it with maybe one large rad mounted traditionally on a cr.

What is with all these companies making these "concept" bikes with the huge front forks? Is this some new technology that is supposed to work better, because I think they look like crap!

After looking at it more I understand. There is some sort of linkage that attaches to the trees and must be some sort of shock behind the rad. How could this be superior to the traditional setup though? Just for looks?

After looking at it more I understand.Â* There is some sort of linkage that attaches to the trees and must be some sort of shock behind the rad.Â* How could this be superior to the traditional setup though?Â* Just for looks
    I can't imagine that it is. Isn't that the same setup that some old springers used?

****ers stole my nick!

The front end suspension looks like a variation of the Norman Hossack "Duolever" style of fork used on some BMW's.

Duolever fork

It's an attempt to overcome the one inherent flaw with traditional forks. (they are very strong in compressive load, but relatively weak in torsional load, when you hit the brakes, the front wheel wants to bend the forks backward). The Doulever is a complex design with it's own issues so it hasn't really caught on.

I would like to see that seat frame and exhaust pipe put on a CR though... now THAT would be a BAD ASS bike!

I really dig the tail/tank piece! I may see if my father can fabricate a similar unit!

Yep. It's a cantilever setup that BMW likes to use. The benefit is that the front end won't dive under braking which is good as it doesn't upset the chassis for handling.

I found that thing late last night, so hadn't thought through it much. I agree with the OP that a CR with a conventionally mounted radiator, that exhaust, and some of the other styling licks would be pretty evil. The Hossack fork is neat, and better looking than BMW's, weight might be an issue.

But, it's all vaporware, eh?

Very interesting bike ,looks like a fun spin. I love custom buells,though some of the components are kinds ugly on this one.
    How does it handle on the track?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast