Thread: Bolt on Muffler

I'm a new xbr12 '08 owner looking for a performance muffler with dual exhaust dumps the maintains the stock muffler look. Totally burned out on extremely loud pipes.

Also new to the sportbike world. Have been driving big twin Harleys for the past 20 years. Done sight- seeing, time to really ride!!

Welcome aboard, your gonna love your new ride. Honestly I have yet to see an aftermarket muffler that doesn't pump up the volume quite a bit. Two sources, Drummer and Special Ops, modify the stock muffler and would probably be willing to just make it dual tip without getting any louder but I doubt you would be able to call it a performance muffler. Go here to see a shoot-out of most of the available exhausts including dB levels. I found this cool pic of what goes on inside the stock can with the interactive exhaust valve.

I also just purchased my first Buell XB12R. Does the Drummer exhaust utilize the exhaust valve? Buell put it on there for a reason and I don't want to sacrafice any torque for a little noise.

you only loose a little bit of tourqe that you cant feel . you can only see it on a dyno @ lower rpms at 3500 up my bike makes more than stock

There are a lot of muffler sound clips on youtube.. just type in buell xb muffler.. and you'll get a good idea of the differences.. but for the most part more performance means a louder pipe.