Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: XB12 SS Lightning both lights on - HID redux

So its not possible to wire my firebolt like in the OP? Without buying something extra I mean

Sorry - didn't look at the first post again. Yes, you can wire it just like in the first post. And yes, you will need that relay.

With the DEI module, you would be able to turn the low beam off again with another flick of the flash to pass button.

Ok thank you. Anyone have any helpful tips on how to wire it all up?

Wiring should be pretty much identical to the lightning. Look through the wiring diagrams to know for sure.

Ok thank you.i don't have an eBay account but found this one on parts express...This look like it'll be ok?

https://www.parts-express.com/nte-r2...relay--075-128

Sry for the questions just don't know much about this stuff and wanna get it right the first time

The max contact current for that relay is only 10A, so no. That relay won't work.

You need a good automotive relay (cube looking) that can handle between 20 and 30A - especially if going the HID route due to ballast start up currents. You should be able to find them easily on Amazon. There's a few other electrical parts dealers as well - check digikey or mouser.

Ok I'll look some more...I just went with 10 amp as that's what the OP used

What DPDT relay is everyone using and where did you source then OP said Radio shack but that's not an option anymore. My HID's are on the way and I want this setup on my 08 Firebolt. The wiring in the Left hand housing is the same as the OP's first picture but I'm confused by the actual wiring diagram. I'm assuming all of the supplies are made prior to the lighting connector. Any help would be great.

What DPDT relay is everyone using and where did you source then OP said Radio shack but that's not an option anymore. My HID's are on the way and I want this setup on my 08 Firebolt. The wiring in the Left hand housing is the same as the OP's first picture but I'm confused by the actual wiring diagram. I'm assuming all of the supplies are made prior to the lighting connector. Any help would be great.

I know this is an old thread but Im with you. I have an 03 Firebolt and was wanting to do the flash switch mod but from reading all of the thread im lost now. I know the firebolts have both headlights on when the high beams are turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmpd22 View Post
    I know this is an old thread but Im with you. I have an 03 Firebolt and was wanting to do the flash switch mod but from reading all of the thread im lost now. I know the firebolts have both headlights on when the high beams are turned on.
    This is the part you are looking for. I have not purchased or tried this yet, but use the diagram from the first page of this thread.

http://www.radioshack.com/12v-dc-10a...y/2750043.html

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast