Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: WHO'S FROM TEXAS!!!!!!??????????

There is some decent stuff from Weatherford down Tin Top Rd to Granbury. Hwy 167 around Granbury. Hwy 4 out of Granbury to Cleburne. Hwy 51/56 out for Granbury to Glen Rose. Park Rd 56 and FM 205 around Glen Rose. Hwy 56 out for Glen Rose to Hwy 22.

All of that is an hour out of Ft. Worth but it also doesn't come with all the traffic the Metroplex has.

I am not a stranger to long rides... I like to get out for 600 mile + day rides from time to time, especially if roads are scenic.

I don't know about a 600 mile day, I've done 350+ and that was just about enough for me. agfish18, weather is going to be nice this weekend. Shoot me a text if you figure out a route in the Ft. Worth area, I live in Granbury but could run up to meet you in Benbrook. I haven't started the bike in about a month so it would be good for it.

Marc
    817-964-2567

Sounds weak.... but 250 was plenty for me. Though, I was 2 up, and that's always less comfortable. I've done longer and been fine... just makes for a long day and an early night. 250 is enough that it's still fun, and I don't feel exhausted.

We started ~9 (I think), rode Houston to Shiner Brewery for a tour, then lunch around the corner... continued on to Brenham for the Bluebell tour, then back to Houston. i think we returned ~5:30. Of course, all scenic roads. Once, we did it in the cold... with no real good cold gear. Mistake.

Our "default" ride is Houston to Yankees tavern near College Station.... ~175mile round trip with lots of twisties. back early afternoon (with lunch at Yankees)... doesn't feel like it takes over the whole weekend.

Marc, Sorry I didnt check the forum before the weekend, will shoot you a text next time I go out. I got out on Saturday for a bit, my battery was dead, so I put it on the tender. By the time it was charged it was already 3:00, so I didnt do too much. My wife followed behind me in the car as she was bored and wanted to check out the area too. We normally would have ridden 2-up, but we have a 7 month old baby, and I still have yet to find a safe method for transporting him on the bike ;). I basically rode around the perimeter of Eagle Mountain Lake. Lot of straight roads which allowed me to open the throttle a bit, but Boat Club was nice in some spots, a couple turns and hills. Discovered a huge park called Eagle Mountain Park...some 400 acres with tons of walking trails and lake access... The weather was perfect. Finished up the day at Flips Patio Grill with a burger and some craft beer... not a bad day overall.

I like longer rides by myself if there are some nice twisty roads to travel on. makes the ride a little more fun. I went to a rally in Durango in summer of 2011, rode 2-up the entire time, was a 1200 mile weekend. My fat @$$, my wife, clothing, etc. on the Buell for 3 days... we were pretty sore by the time it was all done.

San antonio sea world area bought my first buell a few weeks ago and loving it

Im in spring tx, I have a xb9sx and a 1125cr. Is there anyone in the general vicinity that would be willing to meet up with me somewhere to listen to their 1125??
    Long story short I bought the bike with a supposed knock but im having a hard time determining what the noise really is. Ive never heard one other than mine and would like to get a baseline.

longview

From the Alamo City Former 98 S1WL Owner and now an 09 XB12SCG Cherry Bomb Owner

What's up guys, brand new Buell owner from Plano Tx. Hoping to get her up and running in a week or so. 09xb12r

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast