Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM Spy

Thanks for the quick replies! I'll be adding in the maps as per the instructions provided by twistedrose. I am not comfortable doing all the data logging and tuning, this "simple" ECMspy stuff is a stretch for me already!

SO... it didn't work. Copied the maps from the race eeprom into my stock eeprom and saved it. Then I tried to burn the stock eeprom w/ race maps onto my Uly. It said the ECM was incompatible. Then I open the race maps and tried to burn just the maps onto my bike, one at a time... same result. ECM is incompatible. SO I just did a TPS reset and I'm crossing my fingers that its not running too lean. Thanks for your help guys.

Sorry to tack another one on... my AFV was at 94% when I finished. Do I need to reset it to 100% when running the stock maps?

Thank you in advance.

I bought ECMSPY over ebay. I'm trying to install the cable and keep getting a message similar to "com port not found" . The ECM apparently is not commuicating with the computer program. Any ideas what is causeing this??

did you install the cable driver on your computer , some peope have had problems also with vista and windows 7 ,

yes thanks! It's loaded and connects with the ECM on the bike. Now, I need the correct race maploaded into the ecmspy so I can burn it to the bike's eeprom? That is what I should do correct?

in theory... but it didn't work for me.

dont burn the whole eeprom file from a race ecm to a stock ecm. you only burn the maps. Burning the whole thing make is not run and sometimes it jams up the ecm where only the factory can fix it. You dont want this.

I sent a guy here the files on a zip file to load for you guys here.

Maybe a need to do a maps only zip file. for the ecms.

even when you get the maps only you are still missing a lot of other functions not seen in ecmspy but seen in the hex data and tunerpro.

mike

you don't have to burn the eeprom at all. you can burn the maps independently from the eeprom. there are several different firmware or versions out on these ECMs. They will not take an eeprom from a different firmware. here is what i am doing.

1. click 'fetch eeprom' to get eeprom from bike. the reason i do this is to verify communication with the bike and to see what the afv is at.
    2. load desired map from file.
    3. burn map to bike.
    4. toggle ignition off then on
    5. set afv to 100%.
    6. fetch eeprom from bike and verify changes to maps and afv

things to check...
    1. you have a compatable ECM.
    2. you built the cable correctly and the drivers are properly installed.
    3. you plugged the cable in before opening the program.
    4. the key and engine switch are "on".

another note, you can fetch your eeprom and look at your maps. you can then change all of the values manually and click burn maps or burn eeprom, just remember there are four maps. because it is your eeprom from your bike there should not be a compatibility issue. i was not able to use the eeprom that was emailed to me from a friend, but i was able to extract the maps from it and use those. really the best method is still to hook it up and take it for a ride (data logging) and let your bike tell you what it wants. it will fill in the values for you, you just want to look to make sure there is no 0's or 100 point changes.

hope this helps.

I bought the cable off ebay and it came with the race map I need for a 2006 XB12ss. Problem is I started tinkerering with it too early. Now it will start up but it runs really bad and backfires. I have what I thought was the original eeprom and maps back in it. I've made a drummer out of the muffler, airbox delete,K&N, mods. I have NOT been able to load anything other than the stock because when I try to load the race map after pushing "file" load map, it isn't available and when I try to open it they are only text files. Could that be teh reason? Maybe I have some incorrect maps? My firmware is BUELB310 calibration ID 54:US. Please give me a map I can load in! I can't even ride it because it runs so bad and pops and stuff.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast