Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ECM Spy

Phrogg,

What USB cable are you using? The cable posted earlier is obsolete according to mouser. Will this one suffice? http://www.mouser.com/search/Product...R=895-TTL-232R

I just read on another site that there will be no more ecmspy for models after 07 do to the guys writing the programs closing up shop and getting back to their own businesses.

Phrogg,
    Sounds good and thanks for your help. I am slightly intimidated by computer/electronic stuff so it is much easier to buy one than to walk into radio shack and try to explain what I want.

Np. Ordered the cables well let you know when it is ready.

blackedout what is your email address?

I tried this on my Uly, and wasn't able to get it to connect to the ECM. All I managed to do was get the check-engine light to flash.

Anyone have any luck getting it to work on the 12X?

Thx

I don't think it should really matter as to what buell it is as long as it has the 4pin deutsch connector. That and if you made the plug right.

Buellysses,

It sounds like you are having more of a problem of getting the computer to connect. There are some drivers that need to be installed for everything to function correctly. I just built my cable and plan to try and hook it up when I get home from work. Hopefull I can get it figured out...

I didn't build the Deutsch connector. I spliced a female serial cable into the wiring harness.

I am an electronics guy, so I have faith in myself getting it connected properly. It did take a little digging as to what the ECM referred to as RX or TX (if it was supposed to be rx-tx or tx-tx, rx-rx) As best I can tell the RX from the cable is connected to the TX of the ECM and vice-versa. (give me a break for such a stupid question, it's been a while since I was in school)

I got the FTDI cable, so once I get my bike back I'll give it another shot. When I was trying it before my boo-boo I was using a cable from best-buy. I didn't know if ECMspy was specifically written for the FTDI cable.

blackedout what is your email address?
    Phrogg, I am ejmcvey(at)gmail.com

Thanks.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast