Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 xbss w/ Jardine. Rough idle.

Hey, was wondering if anyone had any ideas about my issue. Have a 2010 xb12ss. Just installed a Jardine gp1 exhaust and love the sound. Problem is, I think the bike is running lean. Im getting alot of decel popping. And, for some reason a rough idle. The bike rpms drop under 1000 when i twist the throttle and wants to stall, sometimes it does. Also, i took the bike for a quick ride to the gasbar and it felt like it was suffocating. Just "chug chug chug". i had to really twist the throttle and raise the rpms before i released the clutch to both keep it from stalling and to get going. Really wierd. Im assuming its the air fuel mix. I do have a remus powerizer coming in the mail. Beats me.

did you TPS reset? also how long was your ride the ecm needs to adjust and will prolly run like poop for the first bit of your ride... and maybe an idle adjustment maybe

you should do a "learn in ride". ride for about 10min. or so between 3000 & 4000rpm. at a consistant speed and let your ecm learn the new pipe. hope this helps.

I've specified a "Learn-in" ride different ways about every time I post up but I finally found an "Official" Closed Loop explanation for doing a "Learn-in" ride - about 1/4 of the way down this page from the top: Buell DDFI

CLOSED LOOP

Cruising between 40 - 60 mph at operating temp.
    (1500 to 3500 rpm)

I ordered a Remus Powerizer. Really sceptable about that thing. But i want to give it a try. If its junk, ill just get a power commander from GPR and have it tuned. Anyone else have any experience with the powerizer?Good/bad?

Super Moderator
    Everything I hear says it's junk.

Give me a month or two and I'll have a tuning sheet based on xopti's sheets for the XB. Pick yourself up an LC-1, nab the free sheets, and grab ECMSpy, and you'll be set to tune without having to buy a PC or any of that other "plug-and-play" junk.

octo,

are you saying 09+ xb's will have a diy programing option soon? I really want to put an exhaust air box mod and hi flow filter but not untill I know I can program is for less the $750. Sorry if this has allready been discussed but I'm lost in this programing witchcraft.

Give me a month or two and I'll have a tuning sheet based on xopti's sheets for the XB.
    Awesome, can't wait.

When i get the Remus Powerizer ill run it exactly as per instructions. Ill do a nice detailed write up about it here. I mean, aparently this model is a completely new build for the 2010. Thats what they told be at trojan. We'll see.
    Octo, man....ill die if i have to wait 2-3 months to tune my bike. :S Need a solution soon bro. SOON. :P

Super Moderator
    I only have the fuel section complete so far. The rest of the sheets are waiting for this crazy quarter of school to be over.

That being said, I can post that section if there's enough demand for it. You won't be able to adjust open loop correction or delay, but at the very least you can copy over a race map into your 08+ ecm.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast