Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 xbss w/ Jardine. Rough idle.

Super Moderator
    I can, however, tell people where the open loop correction/delay cells exist, and what values to put in there.

Im going to have to do a little more study. You aparently are more advanced with your buell programming knowledge. I am more of a carb guy, this is actually my first fuel injected bike. I had a sv650s, drz400sm, harley sportster, gixxr 750 and a fzr600. If you have any good readme stuff i'd love to see it.

Super Moderator
    Newfie:

Hang out for a bit. I'll make sure people who don't understand tuning are taken care of.

As soon as all the conditional formatting on the cells are taken care of, I will post a "starter pack". It will include a couple race maps, the fuel section of the sheets, and perhaps the column and row interpolation sheets available on xopti's webpage.

Edit: Essentially, you would take those race maps, plug them into the fuel sheets, and have yourself an 08+ race ECM. No tuning required. Of course your bike would perform better if you took the time to tune each cell. But short of that, doing a race map copy-over would be the next best thing, and would solve a lot of people's problems.

Awsome dude. Believe it or not, i took my bike for a rip last night in -15 Toronto, Canada weather. I was getting a little pissed that it was idleing so ****ty. I wanted to try just givin er, burn out the cobwebs so to speak. I ran the bike through the gears for 80-100 kms. Now its purring like a kitten. Wtf? Oh ya i reset TPS too. That made a hellofa difference.

Well. I installed the Remus Powerizer. Little pissed i didnt get a decal with the package. Sorry, its a peev. Anyways. I ran the bike for a bit, and it actually sounded better rite away. It felt somewhat tighter. The Rpms were up a touch. Idle was exceptionally nice and less heavy vibration throughout. Next good day, im taking the bike for a rip. Good feeling about this one.

NewfieBoy
    sweet keep us posted! Throttle response, acceleration, torque through RPM's, etc....

Oh and what did you mean by "The Rpm's were up a touch."

octo

I am assuming we will also need something to interface the bike and computer. Will this be ecmspy and the spy cable, if so where can I get them?

- ECMSpy Download

- Cables can be had from Xoptiinside.com. Ebay also or a member on here posts up from time to time.

Well on a nice day, after ive warmed the bike up. My bike usually idles at around 900+. I warmed the bike before i installed the powerizer as the instructions dictate. After i installed the module my rpms floated at about 1000 constant. The needle was'nt bouncing around like it normally does.
    The motor sounded and felt more "even" if you can catch my drift. Today in Toronto is -3 degrees C. Im going to bundle up and mash my bike for 20-30 kms and see what happens. Ill post later on tonight for my short term results. :)

Thank you much steve:)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast