Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will this HID kit work?

I have used this brand many times before and Love them, but I have never done this for a bike. will these work?
    http://www.vvme.com/standard-h7-hid-...cPath=44_45_23 they also have a slim ballast kit

That will work on the lightning, not the firebolt. I've never heard of that company before. Many of us have purchased from DDMtuning.com and had great results.

Ive been doing a lot of custom car work, and every HID install ive done has been with those, I use to buy em off ebay but shipping was killing me. I just found that website about a 6 months ago. I have not had one set come back yet or any DOA. I have a lightning. Is there anyway to have both headlights stay on?

awesome! thanks for the link. I plan on doing this mod tomorrow. But arent the low beam and high beam bulbs different? I would like to just put two high beams in

I'm new on the HID lights. Tell me way I just can't go to auto zone by a pair of lights and plug em into my bike. What's a ballast and what is it for? What would happend if I didn't connect it?

i dont know alot of about them. i just know how to install them. first I bought the 50 dollar silverstars for my wifes car, and I liked them but then a friend came over and he had some HID's and the difference so 10 fold. its crazy how much brighter they are. and about the same price lol and consume less energy once they are warmed up

Super Moderator
    Ballasts are required to produce light when using High Intensity Discharge bulbs. They essentially house the mechanism by which the light is produced within the bulb.

Without a ballast, the bulb will not ignite and provide illumination. You cannot plug the average HID bulb into a light fixture and expect it to function properly. These HID kits employ a couple additional pieces that allow you to retrofit a stock system to allow for HID use.

Never mind just did wikipedia.

awesome! thanks for the link. I plan on doing this mod tomorrow. But arent the low beam and high beam bulbs different? I would like to just put two high beams in
    Same bulb in each just the housings are different angles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast