Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: D&D Exhaust

hey guys
    I am in the market for a new exhaust system for my xb12s. I'm leaning towards the d&d. Is there anybody out there that has.. or had a d&d exhaust on their bike? I'm really looking to hear thoughts (power, sound, etc.) from someone whose owned one. I've done a lot of research and searched on this site and I cant seem to find many comments from d&d owners. Appreciate the help! Also.. a random question if anybody knows... do they make the force exhaust for the 12? or only for the 9?

thanks
    bryan

Super Moderator
    If you like a really great-sounding exhaust that performs MUCH better than the D&D, look into the GB exhaust.

Just curious what data you have that shows how the GB exhaust performs MUCH better than the D&D exhaust.

I have the D&D and it sounds so freaking mean and ive never had any drivability issues with it at all. The butt dyno says

For a look at exhuast performance, here is a link, D&D is pretty much the worst pipe.

Pipe Performance Test

this test was done by American Sport Bike

evil.. did you have the ecm remaped with your d&d exhaust? I know the d&d's are not known for being the highest performance pipe, but was there any noticeable power gain when you installed? Is the fit of the pipe secure.. can you use the pipe as a jacking point? also.. any issues with rust?

any other thoughts?

Thanks

I bought mine with the D&D already on it. So I can't compare performance from stock. I love the sound though. Its seriously mean! My ecm was tuned for it too and I have had no issues.

It seems very sturdy so I would think that using a jack on it would be fine. I've never tried it so I can't say for sure. The only rust spots so far were from me scraping off the paint on cement steps trying to get into my parents back yard to store it. Other than that it looks pretty clean (for an exhaust)

I haven't heard anyone with the D&D say that they were dissapointed or didnt like that pipe. and yeah thats a jack plate on the bottom. I personally wantd to get it for my lightning but didn't have the money at the time and ended up getn the great sounding but crappy built jardine that came apart on me. I'm get the D&D slip on for my cr in about a month or so and cant wait.tuning will always be better than not. pipe sounds really mean so id say go for it. my lil 2cts.;)

ByrD959 - Mine came with the bike when i purchased it , and yes the ecm was tuned for it. It runs like a dream ant pulls great through the rpms. It sounds so good that i wouldnt care if i lost a hp or 2. Its that nice

Also build quality is excellent. No rust issues, tight fitment and yes it has a plate for a jack point. Its pretty loud too so if you cant handle loud noise then it isnt for you. I dont need ear plugs unless in going on a 100+ mile ride. then on the way back i pop em in.

It makes your bike sound BIG. Scares little kids and elderly peeps when you ride by lol.

I guess according to ASB it doesnt give big gains, but maybe it was the tune. or the bike? I dunno. either way i love mine and it works great on me bike

I love my D&D, tells people to look the frak out! Sounds like the hounds of hell have been unleashed!
    As for performance, BamBam came with it and I have no complaints whatsoever!

heres a little sound bite....

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=336539915402

Nice vid Buddha! I added you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast