Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 07- Cooling Fan Not Working- HELP!

Inactive
    here's a reference as well for step-by-step method to replace any XB fan as well as aftermarket fan alternatives. handy to save this link for future usage.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1435536126

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    here's a reference as well for step-by-step method to replace any XB fan as well as aftermarket fan alternatives. handy to save this link for future usage.

http://www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...tml?1435536126
    Awesome! Just what I was hunting for! Thanks.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedstripe View Post
    Awesome! Just what I was hunting for! Thanks.

yes sir my pleasure. i also recommend that if you're XB has accrued 10,000 miles or more that you replace the O2 sensor while performing the fan swap. the sensor is cheap and job simple with fan removed. just FYI

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    yes sir my pleasure. i also recommend that if you're XB has accrued 10,000 miles or more that you replace the O2 sensor while performing the fan swap. the sensor is cheap and job simple with fan removed. just FYI
    I think my firebolt has done around 70 000kms. So I'll probably replace it when I do the fan swap. Next on the list is loading a race map, and fresh, matching tires.

my 2006 xb 12r fan only comes on when i stop and turn bike off.unlikely to be fan i had over heating problems just recently i replaced heat sensor its on top of reart head its a bastard to get to u need to make a long socket with groove in the side so wire can poke out while tightening down sensorremove frame support wire above head look down into middle of head u see one wire leading up in to loom under airbox bottom plate you have to do a bit of wiring as well.its all in instructions.if you can get a buell mechanic he should only take a couple of hours max PLUS COST OF SENSOR.I PAID 150 NZD DOLLARS FOR MY SENSOR.most bits seem to have to be flowen from australia.:http://www.buellxb.com/forum/images/...pset.pngupset:

We are happy you swapped a sensor and fixed your problem. There is no need to post in every single cooling fan thread about it. One will do.

Welcome to the forum! You should start an introduction thread and tell us about yourself, add pics! We love pics...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123