Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Top speed

not sure about anyone else on the board, but if I was to get my bike up above 130 I'm sure I would not take the time to look down at the speedo to see that it was going 138. Be very difficult to tell with the needle and rest of the bike vibrating. anything over 50 and I'm focused 1/4 mile down the road, not a foot from my face :)

I live in south texas and the wind wasn't blowing hard today. With this new ecm the bike really gets going quick, especially in the higher rpm's. It got to 138 like nothing and I felt a lot more there but I ran out of space. Before the ecm change I needed a lot more distance to hit that speed. I know it's not truly accurate and it's could be off by quit a few mph's but I was still hauling balls in a shorter period of time and distance than in the past.

Oh come on midnight! I've had the cr up past 150 on the loop 202....!

xtreme6669 - I've ridden with you before, I don't doubt that for a second. I feel like a 90 year old woman when I ride with you. Although, I did bring my wheel up a few times with you Friday night when I was trying to keep up.

LOL! Hey you coming to chase diner tonight?

Here's the latest picture of the beast.

Mods = Firebolt top triple, Drummer. K&N, EBR ECM, and rear fender eliminator I recently did myself.

KB how much did you spend converting the firebolt triple? im rocking crossroads right now that i got fo' cheap. but i think i might like to switch to the firebolt set up.

The crossroads were definitly cheaper but I liked this look and feel a lot more. I paid about $300 total. I didn't look for any deals, I just went to the dealer and bought all the parts. The new master cylinder came off the XBRR. If you want to use the stock one then you'll have to use some spacers between the fairing and and the top triple because the square master cylinder won't allow you to bolt up flush. If you're interested I'll get the write-up I went off of and the part# to the master cylinder.

thanks KB I'm very interested. I won't buy from the dealer but I'll start slowly collecting the ingredients. I'll probably keep the crossroads for spare just in case bars but i think i want the narrower firebolt ride position.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...-bars-on-an-XB

Here you go. the only thing I really did different was drill and tap my top triple where he placed rivots, you'll see. The master cylinder was a little hard to find but I contacted the owner's son of Ray price HD/Buell in raliegh because he races buells and was able to locate the part from me because it's not on HD net. Maybe you can get one from EBR now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast