Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jardine Torque Fix (Gatorbuell)

So as we all know the Jardine sounds great on an XB but at the cost of power. Here is a quick fix to get some of that power back.

THIS IS FROM GatorBuell ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM!!!
    He shared this with me a little while back and I havent ad a chance to complete the mod myself but others have asked for it so here it is:

I did this mod when I repacked the pipe because you will need to take it apart anyhow.

Your going to need one of these

I picked it up at autozone its like 6 bucks. Its the 2 1/2 inside diameter down to 2 in.

Make sure you measure your Jardine where the head pipe slips into the exhaust. The measurement should be something like 2 5/8. Its 2 1/2 i.d. but its like 2 5/8 o.d. and fits tight.
    At the small end I used a pair of vice grip pliers and folded the edges over all the way around about a 1/8 down. I only folded it to a 45 degree angle or as far as the pliers would let it go. Its easy to bend and your just reducing the size the opening a little bit. Its like your folding a pastry or something.
    I also cut off about 3/4 inch off the end of the big side so I did not have to push it in too far.
    Make sure you remove the price tag and make sure there are on burs or anything on the out side.
    You need to take the pipe off and open it like your going to repack it. Your going to insert the fix into the front of the pipe with the small end facing the back of the pipe or the exhaust exit. Your going to push it in until you have enough room to slip the pipe back on. Once you have it in place you need to secure it. I used a 10-24 drill and tap and a short 10-24 screw from the outside of the Jardine baffle threw the insert to secure it in place. It gave me plenty of back pressure and ecmspy removed some fuel. I got all my torque back and then some.

Thanks!

wow I might actually get a jardine now

Pictures of the finished product? hard to visualize....

I would love to post pics but unfortunately I have not done the mod I simply posted the exact msg I got from gatorbuell.. I dont plan on doing it until I get ready to repack so it ill be a little while

I think he means something like this? Hooray for Paint!

Great post browland. I am half tempted to take apart my brand new jardine just to do this mod. + Rep for sure.

BTW I wonder how this will affect the sound.

so i bought my bike and it had a jardine on it and i've never ridden one without the pipe on it. it sounds mean but everybody on this site says that u lose power with it. how much do you think u lose??? should i put the stock exhaust back on????

Exactly Pockets, I used one screw to hold it in place. Its a tight fit so its not going to move much. Make sure you push it in far enough that the exhaust will still slide onto the header. I had to use a piece of wood and a hammer working side to side to tap it all the way in.

As for noise, it dropped it about 10db at idle, that was about it. It does sound deeper but it maybe the FMF packing I used.

I did the mod last summer and no problems to date. It pulls like a Freight train again. Third gear roll on's at around 3k will pull my hands off the bars if im not holding on tight. :D I tuned it with ecmspy and It removed a lot of fuel, close to the stock maps. Im also running 14.0 afr with a lc-1 wideband but even with the stock O2 I did feel a big difference.

Iv been waiting to do a wright up on it with pics when I repack it again but this FMF packing is lasting for ever. I also wanted to see if it was going to make a difference worth the time a effort.

i think i might just do this tomorrow. hey gator can you possibly take a picture from under the bike where the can connects to the header???

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast