Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rear shock options?

The shock on my 99 cyclone is pogo'ing going down the road with the compression screwed all the way in. What are my options for replacement? Not looking to spend a ton. What is the compatability with other Buell bikes as far as the rear shock? Thanks!

have you had it re built yet?

If you dont find any thing to fix your issue I have a brand new shock for an M2 sitting at my house still in the box and plastic I could sell you. but judging by you picture you have the older version shock so you would need the newer shock mount for the shock I have.

Delta,
    I thought that it was not rebuildable? Is that wrong? Where would I go to have it rebuilt?

Firebolt,
    Let me know how much you would want for it and I guess I'd have to find out where to get the mount.

Thanks Guys.

There is a shock mount on ebay for the 14" shock which is the one I have.

Offer me what you think the shock is worth to you. When my wife wakes up I will have her take pictures of it for me to put up here for you too see. I am deployed to Afghanistan but I am sure she will be willing to drop it in the mail for me if it means getting rid of some of my spare parts.

Mine is a 99 Cyclone. Is there a reason that I have the wrong mount or is the 14" an upgrade? I am assuming mine is all original? Thanks again!

take it so a motorcycle suspension shop and see what they say. I know that most things can be rebuilt by the pro's even if HD wont mess with it. then again they may not be able to rebuild it, but it couldn't hurt to try. there is a suspension shop local to me in Grand Rapids Michigan if you cant find anybody to ask.

the 14" one was the last upgrade they came out with. The one before that was the one you have with the sleeve on it.

So does the 14" have the exposed spring?

not the stock ones. There are aftermarket ones that do.

this is a picture of the 3 different stock shocks. Yours is the one in the middle but with the brace on it which was to try to keep them from breaking.

and this is the brand new one I have which is the bottom one on the picture.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast