Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hesitation on low end..

I have a 2005 XB9SX. Special ops pipe. K&N air filter. On a low RPM (1500 through 4000?), gears 1, 2 & 3 (4&5 i dont get on much) mostly, i have a pretty bad "flat spot" as if it is hesitating to get to higher RPMs, and when it hits 4500+ it hauls buuuuttttt. Need a race ECM? ECMspy? TPS reset? What do you think...Maybe its natural?? I hope not..PS..its for sale...its under lightnings for sale..if your interested..THANKS

Way to respond..

Have you checked the plugs and done the breather re-route?

plugs are changed...inform me on the reroute...

here is the link for the breather mod, you may need to go with a race ECM or re-program the current ECM.Breather Mod

if you read up a bit on here, you will notice that the general advice is if you change anything on the inlet, like for instance another filter, you will need adjustment as to the amount of fuel injected in your engine.

more air = more fuel

if you didn't have the hesitation at first (not talking about 10 minutes before) and it has been a while since you had a reset done, try that and do not forget the lear-in period.

otherwise you may need to check the fuel (dirt/pressure), spark (no broken wires), etc etc...

Good details on the breather reroute. But what is the sole purpose of it? Getting air out of the crankcase? on the "reset" are you talking about TPS reset? What does that do also?? lol dont be angry with me, I just dont know this stuff..Teach me ol' wise one(s) lol

TPS reset= Throtle Position Sensor reset

the breather mod stops the bike from pumping partially burned crap into the airbox to be re burned in the cylinder for emissions reasons... which after this winter I could stand a few more emissions riding season year round guys

the breather re route also keep the oil mist and any other moisture or other bad air and gunk from the engines' PCV valves, from being sucked into the engine ,which makes it stutter and run crappy on low rpm , after the reroute you should gain a little better mpg too. because the engine doesnt run to well sucking in oil mist and the other gunk .
    when i took of the air box ( to do the breather reroute mod) i found alot of oil and gunk getting sucked up into the engine , the inside of the filter area was covered in oil and gunk and dirty. that wont happen anymore with the breater re route , clean air from on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast