Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flashing stock to race map help!

Once this was done the fan came on whenever the bike was turned off, even when key was removed. A TPS reset was useless and it always said I was at 100% throttle.
    I actually ran into this same problem with trying to load a race map onto my 07 xb12s. As soon as i loaded the race eeprom, the fan turned on and the bike threw a whole bunch of error codes. Went back to stock map and they all went away...

yup! So copying fuel and timing and transferring to stock fro different versions? will that work.. I didn't try it because I'm afraid to F something up.

YOU cam not just flash a stock ecu to RACE.
    I tried had the same result the boards are built differn't
    yes you can copy paste the race fuel map as a starting point.
    I never changed my timing maps.
    But if you have aftermarket goods you should data log you bike run it through mega log and make a custom map would be best

I just flashed my 06 xb9 with a race map and it runs fine. I'm not experiencing any of the problems that you guys are seeing.

hmmmm??

Nomadic...look at the map very carefully. If you have the same map that I originally had it was all jacked up (all the timing values were set to "0"). Randy Hawk sent me a map that I can confirm works.

My stock map has no issues, You have to be very careful and "DO NOT TRY TO FLASH THE ENTIRE EEPROM" when firmwares vary. With great help from STEVEN150C & THEOCTPUS bring to my attention that....
    You should warn them that burning the whole eeprom from a different calibration may brick their ECM, requiring a factory restore from the dealer.“
    You safest bet is to copy and paste both timing and fuel maps over to the stock ecm, as for the stock eeprom I am still a bit confused if this will manually change once the timing and fuel maps are loaded or you have to manually load the race eeprom? As I read in other posts some people only adjust the timing an fuel and i'm assuming they dont manually change the eeprom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12