Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Question

Hello, I'm new to the Buell family but I am loving my 08 XB12R Firebolt. It is such a blast to ride. I wanted to ask if an 04 exhaust would fit my 08. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Rob

Yup, should not be an issue.

Hey thanks. I'm debating about getting the drummer exhaust but as someone mentioned, I would like to keep my stock one in case wonderful California starts making us smog our bikes.

Thanks,

Rob

If it helps you could talk to randy hawkins about that as a custom option (dont know nothing about the "CALI SMOG RULES"). He does custom work and his customer service is unbelieveable. Ill try to post his # tommrow.

Welcome!!! Im also a Firebolt operator and just sent my muffler to Randy Hawkins.He is the man and he will lead you down the correct path.I rode a Bolt that was 100% stock except the Hawk muffler and it is a day and night difference.Check him out on this site and make your own mind up.If your are still wondering call and talk to him....

I live in California and so far they don't check bikes for smog but who knows when that will change and who knows if they will require a C.A.R.B. (California Air Resource Board) compliant exhaust. While a pipe won't change emissions a fuel map will. Arizona has bike smog but a few here have said that even with they pipe and map mods they passed that states testing.

That said, I have a Hawk Performance Muffler and I like it a lot. Drummer is nice too. I was able to hear one the other day and it was a bit deeper sounding than my Hawk but just by a bit. It is almost 3 times as much though so I went with the Hawk.

GET a HAWK pipe!!! I just put mine on last night, the ride to work was AWESOMW!! You should see the looks i get when i cruise past the Italians walking sown the street and give the throttle a good twist. Its like the best music ever...

***AWESOME****

The Hawk, while loud does sound awesome. Sunday I rode to a site where a lot of sport bikes meet and everything under the sun came in and out and nobody really paid attention. I did notice that a lot of the riders were looking around like "WTF is that sound?" after I fired up the Buell to leave though.;)

Jim

Welcome to the Forum Twenty. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast