, fairly, spending, bring, months, house, bikes, anymore, worth, tomorrow, buells, chance" /> What will it be worth tomorrow??
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will it be worth tomorrow??

With Buells not being made anymore, do you think the value of an R or CR will only rise over time or will they draw less then what you paid when its time to sell? Asking because I have another chance to get a CR fairly cheap, but with just buying 2 bikes in the last 6 months I could be spending the next year in the dog house if I bring another home! Just was wondering if I could play the "its a collectors item card"

I dont know about the "collectors item card", but in my opinion, I think they will become more valuable. Prices right now are actually higher in general than they were a few months ago. I predict in a year or two that they will become more sought after machines and there wont be any new ones. In turn driving the prices up.

If you got one for $6500 you probibly wont lose money, but as a collectors item probibly not. Look at other like items. Unless it's a Vincent Black Knight (they made less than 200 bikes in all) I dont think our Buells will be gold mines. You can still get BSA's, Maiko's, Bridgestone's, and OSSA's rather inexpensive if you can find them.

I dont see them ever being super sought after. Maybe a small group will become big spenders when it comes to collecting them but never on a big scale like with 60's muscle cars.

Ok, I wasnt looking to make any money on it. Just was wondering if A guy would be able to get his money back out of it later if he got it for a decent price? Say under $6000

i think you should be able to do that. Depending on milage and condition. Give it a while until all the news are long gone. But milage,condition will be the main factors in price.

Pre-Harley Buells: likely collectible (if not already) out of variety/scarcity & back-stories.
    Post-Harely Buells: hold value on built-in moto-merit; but not as collectibles.
    I'm guessin' :)

Just wait till Erik Buell Racing starts pushing bikes out to the public. Then you guys will have the Baby Brother of the mean racing machines.

Well, I bought 2 in 4 months time ('09 1125CR and '09 XB12Ss) because I believe they'll at least hold their value over time (both purchased at pretty good deals - 6k for the cr, 6600 for the xb), and I'll have a lot of enjoyment from them in the meanwhile. They certainly have all the characteristics of a potential "collectible" but that's a pretty fickle set of assumptions. If you eventually want to play that card, don't beat the crap out of 'em and keep 'em stock - or at least keep the mods easily reversible. And, be patient...

F that... Ride 'em hard and mod the hell out of them...

I never under stood having cool stuff that you don't actually play with! Maybe that's why I will never be a collector of anything of value but the kids who didn't open there action figures because they wanted to keep them for collector items always bugged me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast