, fairly, spending, bring, months, house, bikes, anymore, worth, tomorrow, buells, chance" /> What will it be worth tomorrow?? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What will it be worth tomorrow??

I think what ebr does or does not do either in the racing scene or the street scene will have the most affect on future prices. If he has continued success prices will be fine to happy.

Just about any car or bike will become more valuble in time, if you wait long enough. I look back at the cars I've owned or could have owned for pennies compared to what they are worth today and all you can do is shake your head. Life goes on and holding onto one of these bikes thinking it will somehow be an investment is flawed thinking. Yeah, maybe some day but I enjoy the fact I got the bike for half off and ride it as much as I can. To be honest, I would have never bought a Buell without the rebate, likely many here share this also. And if I had a choice between a full priced R or CR compared to a CBR1000 Honda, no question I would have bought the Honda. The Buell CR has turned out to be a fun bike for sure and when some have mentioned modding it I say mod it with what? I have modded the hell out of several Ducatis I've owned and the fact there are hundreds of aftermarket vendors to choose from makes it easy from the standpoint of compare shopping. Since the 1125R and CR were short lived, they weren't on the ground long enough for the aftermarket to invest in parts. I call it slim pickens. So many aspects of upgrading have been cut off due to the closure and due to the design of the bike. For instance, the front single rotor set up denies flexibility in choosing different wheels,brakes, calipers, etc. The funky foot peg set up, that denies many excellent rear set manufacturers and the options we enjoy with other bikes. Its important for many reasons to have the right sets for your riding style, Buell's design limits that.

In less than seven years Harley will stop supplying parts (technically)for the Buell line, then what do you do? Except for a few die hards, most of the bikes bought recently will be sold to new owners and to new owners beyond that. There may be a situation around the 5th year into this obligation that buyer prospects will look to other bikes because parts for the Buell will become more rare. It will be just my luck I'll need some obscure part and I'll be forced to look worldwide for it. That will never happen to me because I know I won't keep the bike that long anyway, I've never kept a bike more than a couple years before moving on to something else.

Its not a collectable and its not an investment. Its a means of transportation from point A to point B. More importantly its a reason to hook up with some buddies on the weekend and talk about it later on forums such as this. So far I'm really pleased and happy I bought my CR and I'm having fun modding it where I can. The big surprise is I have no thoughts about selling it anymore, the bike continues to grow on me.

I was just playing the collectors card to the wife so I could somehow justify buying another bike! :) I was more curious as to what people thought the market would do with the Buells. LIke when they are all sold, will the prices go up,? or will they fall to where even if you got it for half the MSRP price, would you be lucky to get your money back?? Just peoples thoughts!

Joseph Glydon wrote an excellent piece a few years back re. collectibles in general.

That said I bought a Suzuki GS1000SZ new in '82.

Had a chance to pick up a Jota (new) in '83 and decided to pass given the likelyhood of getting parts over time.

Sold the Katana (to my step-son, don't ask).

The 1125CR has "intrinsic" value which can eventually turn into $ value.

Don't care, I'm ride'n mine.

i went through the same debate with myself.... and i decided to wait until eric puts out his new bikes (assuming he will). i figure i wont get a screaming deal like you guys did, but i will be putting my money where my mouth is by buying a new bike. and, it should be something else without the morons at harley standing in his way.

Who knows what anything will be worth tomorrow?

Based on what people where paying for them before the closing announcement, you are obviously getting a lot of bike for little dollars.

If you want the bike and can afford it...go for it!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123