Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures you say? Exhaust, HID, etc.

Yeah I know, yet ANOTHER post about someone modding their bike. But so what? Kinda got tired of staring at all the grainy, out-of-focus, cell-phone quality pics & decided to take some with a decent camera (Nikon D90) for everyone to see.

So here we go!

So I got the big three mods done already: fender eliminator, exhaust, & H.I.D. lights. I've got some more up my sleeve so I'll put them up as they happen.

Fender eliminator: I got mine from Jardine, $80 delivered. Here are some before & afters:

Now onto the exhaust. I got the Jardine RT5 carbon fiber. IMO it is the best looking and sounds crazy. Also got it for a ridiculous price of $446 delivered!!! from biohazardcycles.com.

Decided I like the clean look vs. stylin the Jardine badge, off with it!!

Self portrait. Yeah, about the 'stache. It is March Mustache Madness month @ work. Prizes for the ugliest and/or best effort. It's going to be a loooong month! Ha ha.

No pipes! & yes, I did run it with no pipes. Unreal how loud it is. Have a video I'll put together real soon.

Lots more to come, stay tuned....

You have one clean garage. lol ok Awesome pictures man. Love the look without the Jaradine sticker on the pipe looks alot better. What you doing with the stock pipe now?

You must have some really low miles on that thing! Personally, I'd break in the bike before putting an exhaust on it. It looks good though!

What you doing with the stock pipe now?
    I dunno.... boat anchor? haha, that thing weighs almost 25lbs!!! I'll prob. keep it around should I sell the bike one day and someone wants the OEM setup.

You must have some really low miles on that thing!
    Just under 300. Thought about that actually. But I figured I'm at least half way there so what the heck. Plus I wanted to match the sound to the aggressive look. The "lawnmower" wasn't cutting it.

So here are the pics of the H.I.D. lights I put in. Got the 55w slim ballast setup from DDM tuning. Couldn't believe how affordable it was ($70). Did both low & high beam. Wish I would've taken pictures of the whole process, but I was too anxious to have it done. One of my questions was regarding the wiring (which is + or -) so for those that may come across the same dilemma, here ya go: Low Beam: Negative (-) is BLACK, positive (+) is BLUE. High beam: negative (-) is BLACK/RED, positive (+) is WHITE. Also, as far as fitting the bulb in the high beam housing, all you have to dremel is the black receptacle for the high beam bulb, not anywhere on the headlight housing. So all you would need to replace if going back to normal bulbs is that small cheap replaceable piece.

The UGLY yellowish color of the stock bulbs.

Decided to go with 6000k. Was a toss up between that & the 5k & am really glad I went with the 6k. Same color as my xenon lights on my BMW. Gives it that distinct hint of blue that is related to H.I.D. lights. (Looks a lot bluer in the pics than in person, kinda got it in last pic.) What a difference! (Super hard to photograph light, exp. when it is as bright as these!!!)

& there's more!

Removed the amber reflectors form the front fork.

Growing pile of STUFF.

Hells YES!

Did you fire it up with no muffler on? When I installed my FMF I had to see what she sounded like.... Holy hell its a mean girl on-corked!

Checkin out the DDM stuff . . . .probably overlooking the obvious, but which bulb type is required?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast