Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Charging harness recall?

hi there i am new to this site. i got my 09 1125cr in october and had no problems until 2weeks ago then my gauges went blank my cooling fan fuse blew and my headlight also blew. the dealership told me that is was due to my stator going bad and also that the new overlay harness needed to be installed. so the dealership installed those parts and replaced a new battery just picked up my bike today and the problem came back after they told me that it was fixed. i am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or had any idea what to do. i dont like to not have my bike which i pay for sitting at the dealership with a problem i don't know if they can fix. any suggestions would help.

have not heard that one...?

I also got the letter. My local dealer has ordered parts. I have noticed that it is pretty easy to run the battery voltage down by running heated gloves etc. What I would like to know is exactly what this upgrade consist of (in technical terms please!!!!).

Destination Harley Dealer in Tacoma Washington is taking care of this recall for me (I want to add, these people are nice). Anyway, the tech is concern with the ecm reflash because I've removed the solenoid and inserted the resistor. He's worry if there is a problem making its too rich or too lean with the reflash. He's going to call techline for next week just to make sure. I am glad he's cautious, but I have to wait a few more days. Anyone encounter this?

The denoid has nothing to due with mixture .
    I had them check my flash I guess it is alreadry up to date.
    Planning to get my harness installed later this week

Have not recieved letter yet. I called the dealer I bought it from, service department looked it up and told me it did not need it (2009 1125R, man. Dec 2008). I thought it was all 2009/10 125's??

I picked up my plug to do the denoid at a near by HD place. Had them run my vin for any recalls. Said that the harness was done prior to me buying it at the dealership I purchased it from..? Guess I gotta take thier word on it!

bonechip67, according to my dealer, you are not suppose to do the resistor after the harness recall (because of the reflash) - did the dealer tell you it was ok?

Currently Offline
    [?] User Rank: First Lieutenant

bonechip67, according to my dealer, you are not suppose to do the resistor after the harness recall (because of the reflash) - did the dealer tell you it was ok?
    the noid solenoid and resistor have nothing to do with the charging system.
    My 09 doesn't even need a flash it is just part of the bulletin to check the version of firmware.
    I am headed over to get the harness installed now that they have done a few i didn't want to be the first one they did

Dealer didnt mention it being a problem but then again I dont think they would know about it at the parts counter.. Bike seems to run ok though.. what if anything could it hurt doing it after the flash??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast