Thread: Wierd High Pitched Noise

I took my 2010 SS out for a short ride today and everything went normal, the fan kicked on every time I disengaged the clutch but never stayed on. After I got back to the shop I shut it down and took the key out. Over an hour later I walked out to the bike and could hear a high pitched noise coming from it. It wasnt very loud, so it wasnt the fan (that shut off as soon as I engaged the clutch and came to a stop) Anyway it went for a few minutes and then just stopped. Has anybody had any similar experiences?
    ps, the fuel light came on after that, would that have anything to do with it?

Could be air escaping from the tank or being drawn in as the tank cool and the air inside contracts. Did it sound like that could be it?

No, not really, it was more of an mechanical high pitch, not like air.

The fuel pump priming kinda sound? Could someone have stuck the key back in the "on" position.

Ya it was more of the priming sound when you flip the engine switch, there is that longer higher pitched noise and then you can hear the fuel being injected. But the noise went on for a couple of minutes straight and unfortunately I had the key in my hand, not even close to the ignition.