Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Prototype Buell info?

I was at a customers house today and he works at the Harley Davidson Test facility here in Naples, FL. as a testing engineer.

He stated to me that they had a complete, tested, and ready for 2011 production, a new Buell that was based on the 1125 engine that he claimed was going to put a major ass whoopin on the other sport bikes on the market !!!

He couldn't tell us any more about it but he did say it was a very, very impressive bike power wise over the current 1125 and that it was too bad that it was not going to get to see the light of day.

Anybody else ever hear anyhting about this?

See this post...

2011 1125R

Well, that answers that...

Maybe we can hope for a HD badged sport bike next year.

Well, that answers that...

Maybe we can hope for a HD badged sport bike next year.
    Hell no......... They would never do that anyway. It was hard enough to sell them as Buells let alone shoved into the back corner of every Harley dealer.

well all I know for now is Im gona just do a lot of work on the buell I have now and just wait to see if anything really happens in the future. Every one seems to be getting on everyones nerve trying to tell everyone what they think is going on. When nothing has really come out of the horses mouth. I bet none of the testing facilities really know what is going to happen just what did happen.

Even if we did see a Harley sportbike you'd be paying an extra $7000 for the Harley name. I'm not interested in spending $20k on a sportbike that would normally cost $13k.

I don't think HD would do a sport bike. I think Erik Buell will be starting up again in a year or two. Most of the time companies that let someone go to start up on their own have a no compete clause, which I am sure he has. Also since he has quite HD so quickly and started his own race company then it looks like he is setting him self up right now for the future of Buell. I just hope he builds the bike in the spy shot picture. That is the best looking Buell yet and it will appeal to the masses which is what you have to do to stay in business. Just my opinion to add to the conspiracy theories.

You can think outside the box and you can incorporate engineering ideas, but you have got to make the design appealing as well. Ugly bikes are a tough sell. My only comment in this regard is I really like the looks of my 09 1125CR, if I didn't like the looks I wouldn't have bought it at any price. I'm a die hard Ducati owner and believe strongly Italians have a gift for design, or at least a reputation. Next go round I think Buell should do their engineering genius and leave the design aspects up to Massimo Tamburini, who happened to design the Ducati 916 and the MV Agusta F4. Both bikes have been said to be the most beautiful motorcycles ever designed.

"HD Badged Sport Bike", I'm pretty sure the closest thing you'll see to that is the VRod

Nah, the XR1200 was built to mimic the characteristics of a "sport bike".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast