Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Need race map please!!!

Some guys keep hinting they are working on it or can do it, but nothing seems to happen
    If you aren't having issues with the BUEOD firmware it is pointless to get the BUE2D. Especially if your plan is to tune it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Some guys keep hinting they are working on it or can do it, but nothing seems to happen
    If you aren't having issues with the BUEOD firmware it is pointless to get the BUE2D. Especially if your plan is to tune it yourself.
    Seems fine to me other than fan running logic, which isn't really a dealbreaker. My experience with tuning has been starting with someone elses dyno tuned maps and tweak from there through a very similar process as ECMspy but with a different software for vtwin KTMs called TuneECU. Same idea. I think I found a BUEOD eeprom but the description is poor so we'll see how it compares to stock. I also reached out to IDS to see what firmware they would write to my ECM, would save me a lot of time but I think this kind of stuff is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Warning: I have had issues with BUEZD (and BUEOD) being buggy. Specifically the AFV will change its value when the key is cycled and that will make your attempt at custom tuning miserable. Especially since it sounds like you are attempting this by only Data Logging.

Do NOT attempt to add a fuel map for a different firmware version.
    So this may explain my bueyd issue? I made a tune with maps off of bue2d file, changed load and rpm axis to match. Bike ran great! For the first ride.... By this fourth ride it would barely get out of its own way BUT afv is still 100. I just figured out how to log so sounds like I need to see what happening during the ride. Why can't bueyd take fuel maps from a bue2d? (with axis corrected)

Edit: Found a harley dealer somewhat nearby that still has the capability to reflash Buell ECM's. I might go try to get the bue2d and hopefully be done.
    Last edited by blackoutt; 08-21-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Am I looking at the right parameter in Tunerpro? AFV always at 100 but I noticed at afr1 and afr2 move around, and I see the history tables filling in. Also TPS is always at 9% open and can't get it to set any lower, is that correct for an 08? I've tried the throttle snap TPS reset with no change. I should probably start my own thread with tuning questions huh.. do I have enough posts for that yet?

Greetings to All,
    I'm brand new here and I am also looking for a race map for my 2006 XB12R. Bought the bike recently and It runs terrible! Anyway the ECM is stamped "Race Only" but ecmspy recognized it as either stock or the Pro version. I don't have the firmware version handy at the moment but I am pretty sure it is BUEIB310.
    If one of you guys can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
    Jardine exhaust, K&N air filter... That's all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Greetings to All,
    I'm brand new here and I am also looking for a race map for my 2006 XB12R. Bought the bike recently and It runs terrible! Anyway the ECM is stamped "Race Only" but ecmspy recognized it as either stock or the Pro version. I don't have the firmware version handy at the moment but I am pretty sure it is BUEIB310.
    http://www.purpony.net/ecmspy-maps.html

When you open the race map for your year just save the maps. Its a .msq file. Then after you load/retreive the original eeprom from your bike you can save just the maps to it. This guarantees you wont end up with a mismatch in the firmware

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    Greetings to All,
    If your bike is running “terrible” then a map is not your problem

I’d doesn’t matter how ecmspy recognizes your ecm. What matters is what maps are on the ecm.

Tell us the bike symptoms and I bet one of these guys will have you lined out in no time.

Have you checked for intake seal leaks? Spark plugs? Have you had the injectors cleaned?

Mine was backfiring popping on deceleration and having the injectors cleaned by a shop fixed that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast