, leaking" /> Rear Shock
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear Shock

Hey guys-

So I see this morning my rear shock is leaking on my x1

Can I can the shock rebuilt or should I just buy a new one?

Anyone know the cost...I can't find one online for sale?

Thanks

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trk...All-Categories

the second and the 6th one are brand new and will fit your bike. The second one is aftermarket and the 6th one is factory. There is a few more if you go down the list but those are the first 2 i seen.

Thanks buddy...I guess I have to find out if I have the stock 16" or the upgraded 14"? I read that there was a recall so I need to check what my bike takes.

here this picture should help you identify which one you have. Also you can always change the bracket from the old one to the new one or vise versa.

also this topic has picture were talon changed his front bracket from the old 16" one to the newer 14" one because I sold him my spare 14" shock.

But the 14" shock will not come with a new bracket will it? I have to try to hunt one down.

And for replacing the shock do I just need to get the weight off the rear wheel?

no it probably will not so yes you would have to find the newer one. yes you do need to lift the weight off of the rear will but only enough to take the tension off of the spring but if you lift it too much the the shock will not line up. I used a car engine lift with some handle bar straps holding the rear subframe to change mine when I did.

So I got my shock in and need to find a way to lift the swing arm but I dont have a cherry picker.

Anyone know if a swingarm stang will give me the right angle or any ideas about lifting the rear of the bike and putting jack stands on both sides of the swingarm?

Thank!

I just changed mine. I put a cloth on two jack stands so it wouldn't scratch the frame. I put one on each side of the bike just behind the main foot pegs. The rear tire was about 3 inches off of the ground and I slid a couple of 2x4's under it. It worked perfectly. very solid. Didn't use a jack. I put one jack stand under the passenger side when it was leaning the opposite direction on the kickstand. Then I leaned it over on the jackstand which lifted the left side up. I had the jackstand ready and slid it under that side. Worked perfectly for me. HTH dave

Yes it can be rebuilt but the problem is that you have to find a well funded shop that has a nitrogen tank and adapter to refill it to the 150 lbs pressure so with this in mind it is probably cheaper to buy a new one or a new used one! Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast