Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashing a Race Map to ALL Buells (08+ too)

Thanks Octopus

You just answered/explained what I was referring to in another post about ecmread being out but I didn't understand how it was all suppose to work.

Now I guess I need to get a cable from xopti and start playing around.

:)

- Stickied - ;)

Great Writeup!

good write up OCTo.

I'll feed you guys all the data I can.

I have a few new sheets designed in excel that are approved by the designers on ecmread. They simplify cell locations from data from the Tunerpro. They also give cell value difference and hex or dec values from old to new maps. I did send all these datas and files to Octo. He can distribute as he see fit.

All the patterns,flow values, formulas are open datas in excel. The import from txt to excel is a plain import function nothing special nothing but a delimited file set to spaces Then click finished. It copies the whole eeprom to the bike. From there its just aligning cell location just as ecmspy and tunerpro does. The tuner pro gives you the cell locations therefore you get everything on a platter. Just as i have had for a very long tim in winols dats and ect. You just need to input this data into excel and make tables on separate sheets for it. you can go as far as having a input sheet to an out put sheet. There are many ways to do it. no one way is wrong, just like its actually a copy of the ecm and the functions in the IDS tuner used to make the ecm therefore no one can patient the flow tables or patterns already done(owned) by Ids. Intelligent Design Solutions. They make the data for the ecm and ect. According to them they own all rights to the design and how it works. All other works on the ecm is a copy of there work in a different form linking to there work therefore it cant be copyrighted and has to be open source. I asked them personally if my works were in any way illegal to there work and got its ok for anyone to make spreadsheets of the data as long as its not sold as your design because its based on a design not owned by the spreadsheet designer and a copy of the factory ecm layout in pattern and formulas it has hex to dec and dec to hex made into every ecm.

enough bla bla bla.

Get the sheets from octo. Then do as you wish with the templates. Just dont copy/sell or call it your data or design on how it works as your own cause not even I can copyright it since the data in the sheets is a copy of IDS work.

Mike

Third step .

If you fetched your ecm data with the ecmread_mono you will get a file saved in a eeprom folder with a extension as .XPR

Just make a copy of this file and rename as .BIN for Tunerpro.

also please not the ecmread is a direct burning tool and direct read. you do not have a burn changes only to mess with. and you can burn in whole eeproms unlike the ecmspy version where you can only burn in changes to a files modified each time.

Make sure you have the correct data for you ecm firmware before you burn in the data. If you cross match data you just scrambled the ecm to high heaven and it will not run. The ecmread does not look for a firmware so you can burn the wrong ecm type to a chip but if you only have your data from your chip you are safe. If you got data from someone else please verify and check twice.

once you burn the data to the bike you will always want any adjusted data to go through a quick learn process by riding. If you transferred data from one ecm as sharing files always manually reset the tps with the Throttle sequence on 08 and newer bikes. Then proceed to ride to allow the afv to relearn. it takes a good 15 to 30 mins to fully adjust.

I do have some race stuff coming for the 1125 bikes as well as some for the xb12 09/08.

mike

Great write up!
    But I'm a little impatient.
    I was able to stumble most of the way thru.
    I have an 08 1125r, and was able to read the ecm, change the .xpr to .bin, goto ecmspy select run file while tuner pro is open, save didn't wanna work. I was able to change the cells where I wanted, the stumble was noted as a sag in graph mode. saved as a .bin then renamed as .xpr. now is the problem the files are the same size but ecmread in burn mode
    states file is to large?
    Don

I have not tried it that way. but I have adjusted the values directly in the original xpr and burn that to the bike. Then once burned I did a save as and named it to the new name I chose.

you can compare the two files in excel to see what cells are different. Then input the different cells in the fuel zone to the original fetched data and burn.

I fetched the program, then tried to reburn with no changes same result, "file size error". how do you transfer .xpr to excel file?
    Don

Super Moderator
    I know I ran into similar issues when using ecmspy to modify my 09 ECM. Turned out it was a low battery. Before you do anything else, put it on the tender overnight and try again.

Had the tender on all day. any other Ideas

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast