Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Build your own Wireless ECMSpy cable!

Nice! Need to port ecmspy to my android phone so I can tune on the fly :-)

Need to port ecmspy to my android phone so I can tune on the fly :-)
    that would be pretty bad ass to have megalogging and ecmspy on the droid running constantly in the background while riding

I also would love to hear if you can do it from your android!!!!

my buddie Tedd is an android programmer for the citrix corp but he sold his buells. now has no intrest in the project. I did try to get him to do it. all he said was from looking at the hb++ source it is doable. thats all I got.

congrats on the low cost blue tooth. now you have to do a write up for it with how to's for us dummies. lol

mike

wowza, i started a little buzz :)

I'm still working on a <$10 solution using software and a cheap embedded systems microprocessor, but it is a lot more work to write the drivers and emulate the serial communications hardware than to buy a chip that already runs it

As for tuning on-the-fly, Mike and I have already proven you can piggy-back on a WiFi connection and tune over the internet. I was in Virginia with my bike, he was in Florida tuning it over the web.

You basically just have to pipe the serial data over the internet connection. You could probably use a cell phone with BlueTooth, and redirect the serial port to someone else's IP address.

Then, just link your bike to your phone, stick the phone in your pocket, and start riding. Would be great for data-logging, as long as the connection can keep up.

perfect instant tuning for me in North Dakota, finally i can get that rough spot cleared up

As for tuning on-the-fly, Mike and I have already proven you can piggy-back on a WiFi connection and tune over the internet. I was in Virginia with my bike, he was in Florida tuning it over the we
    Hmm sounds like something I'd be interested in

Yeah, as long as you know someone who is familiar with ECMSpy.

Really, you can use your internet connection at home. This is the easiest way to do it:

1) Download and install a "Remote Desktop" program (I use TightVNC, it's free)

2) Set up a "guest" account in the software, so the other person can log in to your computer remotely.

3) Make sure your computer is online, and get the IP address. Send the IP, username, and password to the remote person.

4) Hook your bike up, and start ECMSpy. The other person can log into your computer from any web browser, anywhere in the world.

At this point, it will be like he's sitting right there with your bike. You can even watch on your screen while he works with your bike.

It's best to be on the phone with each other, in case you need to start/stop your bike during the tuning process.

-Tim

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast