Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new looking at a xb12r, opinions

hey guys, newbie here. wanted to check out some thoughts.

either getting the xb or found a 2002 honda superhawk, trying to stick with the american though since i come from a harley family but dont want to get (or afford) a cruiser.

anyways, i found a 2006 xb12r, all stock, with 4500 miles. i wanted to get some opinions on this bike. biggest thing is reliability. how is it on these bikes. is it hit or miss or are they more so than not, do ecms need to get reflashed alot?? any other common problems. heard a little about some wiring once in a while due to the vibration from the engine. is that common?? im sure ill have some more soon but just trying to get a low down on it because ill probably be buying it pretty quick. any and all info appreciated

haha... youre joking right.

come to a buell forum and asking for an opinion on a buell! you will get one answer. they are the best bikes!

go to a R1 foruma nd ask the same about a buell and they will tell you the oposite.

get the point.

there is nothing bad about a buell... you just have to decide if its for you. if you need to come here to figure that well then you got more htinking to do.

jsut to add... i have owned 5 buells now. (wrote one off) and my lady has one too. wouldnt ahve it any other way!

What twoguns is trying to say is get it and ride you will absolutely LOVE it! they are pretty damn reliable, just change the oil when you need to and thats pretty much it.(tires and such included but normal) tps resets aren't needed alot just when you mod something or some unforeseen circumstance. and you better get one while there all gone! my 2 cents

It is the most reliable bike i have ever owned and i have owned a lot every brand etc. My bike has 20,xxx miles on it now and its a 2004 12r and the only thing i have ever done is change the oils and the tires thats it. No valve adjustments the belt last al ot longer then a chain and you don't have to replace the sprockets when it does break. (which mine is still going strong) I would by another buell in a sec and have never regretted buying mine. (unlike my RC51) it cost a lot to maintain, anyway hope it helps.

I've always heard they are reliable I bought an 04 with right under 10grand on the odometer with a dead battery and broken clutch cable that sat for 4 months in a field uncovered. Replaced the clutch cable battery and voltage regulator runs like a champ and I had about 0 experience working on anything besides moding hondas and old inline 6 fords. SO i give it the thumbs up! oh and people actually tend to go out of there way to check my bike out when riding around with an r1 and 636

Got my 05 12r with 300 miles on it.shiny & nice, she's been running strong ever since.
    With regular maintenance ,no issues& always a brilliant ride
    I've had alot of jap bikes& I still own a 70' motoguzzi .
    The Buell Is the pinnacle everyday /funday ride for me

Thats what happens when you ask a Buell rider:D

I poop on superhawks

:D:D

Like any motorcycle, (especially the Harley based V-Twins) you just want to make it a habit to do frequent bolt checks to make sure everything is to spec.

People who lose stuff on the road typically have bolts that walk out on them and they didn't realize it.

I own 4 bikes currently: a 2004 Buell XB12R w/race kit, a 2004 Harley Dyna Wide Glide, a 2007 Yamaha FZ1 w/mods, and a 2008 Suzuki GSXR1000 w/mods. My Buell is my 2nd favorite bike...easy to ride, LIGHT!, torque = Ducati 1198S!. I am 6' tall, use lower pegs, and a Spiegler upright bar. No issues, great bike! But the Buell, no regrets. If you're tall, try the mods I suggested. When you've mastered the torque, then you can upgrade the power. Have fun!!!

Lloyd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast