, story, generally, scary, 60mph, speeds, specific, pleassseee, yesterday, taking, loving, recently, hands, xb9sl, buell, service, front, 240lbs+, noticed, maxed" /> suspension setup???

Thread: suspension setup???

I recently got my hands on an 03' XB9SL and was loving it till yesterday... I was taking a look at the suspension setup in the Buell service manual and noticed that my suspension was currently maxed out, 240LBS+ (I'm only 145). So I took some time to setup the front and rear suspension to my specific weight according to the manual. Long story short, the bike now feels super twitchy and floaty and is generally scary to ride at speeds over 60MPH. If anyone knows what is going on here PLEASSSEEE let me know. Thanks

did you adjust everything? dampening for both compression and rebound along with preload?

it sounds like the various settings are out of sync

Yeah, re-adjusted everything. Provided, where it gives numbers like 1 1/2 and 2 1/2, they mean turns not something else. Sounds crazy, but it almost feels like the fork rake angle is steeper now.

Suspension setting takes time because of riding style regardless of weight. Done right, it's one of the greatest Free mods you can do to your bike.

The Owner's manual settings are a starting point. Changes to suspension should be made a little at a time with rides in between. If you change too much at once, you won't know what helped/hurt. Here's some lengthy how-to's as well as some aggressive settings.

- Buell Race settings
    - Suspension Setup Pt.1
    - Suspension Setup Pt.2

Nice. Thx stvnc150

Thanks for the advice! I already stiffened it up a bit earlier today and it seems to be back in the sweet spot.